I love the idea of handmade wedding cards! The store-bought ones are so pretty, but I like the added personal touch of a handmade card. Plus, nobody said a DIY wedding card can’t be pretty too!
I made this card out of paper and ribbon, and I just love how it turned out!
DIY “Love” Wedding Card
Here’s what I used for this DIY wedding card: (affiliate links below to the products I used and recommend)
- plain white card stock for base
- light brown textured card stock (Bazzil paper in Quicksand, I found it at Michaels)
- adhesive corrugated card stock
- gold glittery card stock (also from Michaels)
- wide tulle ribbon
- “love” template (free download below)
- glue stick
- Silhouette CAMEO (or scissors, or an X-acto knife)
I used my CAMEO to cut out scalloped circles from the vellum and corrugated card stock, and the word “love” from the glittery cardstock. I’ve provided the cut file and a PDF version for free download below.
Start by cutting the plain white card stock into a rectangle; then fold it in half to make a card base. Cut the textured card stock into a rectangle just slightly smaller than the front of the card.
Cut a length of ribbon a little longer than the width of the textured card stock. Using a short piece of string, tie the ribbon in the middle.
Trim the ends of the string down, but don’t worry too much; they’ll be hidden in the finished card.
Fold the ends of the ribbon around the back of the textured card stock and tape or glue in place. Again, don’t worry about what this looks like, it will be hidden.
Glue the textured card stock onto the front of the white card base, and set it aside to dry.
Cut the larger scalloped circle out of corrugated card stock, and cut the smaller scalloped circle out of vellum. Cut “love” out of the glittery card stock.
Glue the vellum circle on top of the corrugated card stock, then glue the word on top of the vellum.
Remove the adhesive backing from the corrugated card stock and press the circles onto the center of the card. Once all the glue is dry, you have a gorgeous DIY “love” wedding card!
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- The Ultimate List Of 100+ Summer Activities For Kids! - April 28, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 170 & HomeRight Giveaway! - April 27, 2017
- 10 Painted Furniture Makeovers - April 25, 2017
- Get Outside For A Backyard Family BBQ! - April 25, 2017
- The Ultimate Guide: 34 Plants That Repel Mosquitos Naturally! - April 24, 2017