The full tutorial for making these adorable shamrock onesies is below, but if don’t want to make one yourself, I’ll make one for you! You can find these St. Patrick’s Day baby onesies in my Etsy shop!
Are you starting to get ready for St. Patrick’s Day yet? Here’s a perfect five minute homemade gift for any new mom: a St. Patrick’s Day baby onesie! Your baby will be totally ready for the holiday with this adorable, glittery, green shamrock onesie!
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Baby Onesie
Here’s what you need to make your own:
- glitter heat transfer vinyl
- Silhouette cutting machine (or scissors or an X-acto knife if you’re doing it by hand)
- baby onesies
- iron and ironing board
- a hand towel
Cut out a shamrock shape from your heat transfer vinyl. If you’re using a Silhouette cutting machine, remember to cut out a mirror image because heat transfer designs go on backwards. For a shamrock it doesn’t matter that much, but if you want to add words to the onesie, make sure they are mirrored before you cut them out!
Once the shamrock is cut out, peel the extra vinyl off of the plastic backing, then place the shamrock plastic side up on your onesie.
Heat up your iron, lay a clean hand towel over the shamrock, and press the hot iron down onto the shamrock for 45 to 60 seconds. Gently peel up the plastic backing; if the shamrock comes up with it, put the iron back on for another 15 seconds or so.
Once the shamrock is fully stuck, peel the plastic backing off, and you’re done!
Quick, easy, and totally adorable!
If you want to purchase a baby onesie for yourself, you can do so here in my Etsy shop!these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- The Ultimate List Of 100+ Summer Activities For Kids! - April 28, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 170 & HomeRight Giveaway! - April 27, 2017
- 10 Painted Furniture Makeovers - April 25, 2017
- Get Outside For A Backyard Family BBQ! - April 25, 2017
- The Ultimate Guide: 34 Plants That Repel Mosquitos Naturally! - April 24, 2017