Hi, this is Maria from Sew Travel Inspired where each week I blog about my two passions – sewing and traveling. I am so happy to be here sharing a project with Practically Functional readers.
Recently I sewed and blogged about my Fabric Pumpkins for my autumn tablescapes. This was a fun project! But as with all my projects, I have scraps of beautiful fabric left. I’m always looking for fun, creative ways to use up those scraps, so I decided to make a no-sew pumpkin decoration.
Pumpkins decorations have such a long season. They look great from late September until after Thanksgiving. These little pumpkins are also a quick and easy project and safe enough for the kids to help with. In my book that all adds up to a win-win situation. Let’s get started!
No Sew Pumpkin Decoration
Here’s what you need for this project:
- Three wooden embroidery hoops, (I had on hand 2 – 4” hoops and 1 – 8” hoop)
- Three different fabrics for the pumpkins at least 2” bigger than the hoops (I used scraps from my pumpkin sewing project)
- Green ribbon
- Felt for the backing
- Tacky glue and scissors
Step one: Cut your fabric scraps so they are 1 inch bigger than your hoops on all sides.
Step two: Insert the fabric into the hoops and tighten the clasp. Trim the fabric from the hoop.
Step three: Glue the felt to the back side of the hoops. Trim the backing fabric.
Step four: Tie the ribbon in a bow to the clasp on the hoop, leaving long tails. Arrange the tails to look like pumpkin stems and secure the ends with tacky glue.
I love little projects like this that come together so quickly and easily. These little pumpkins look so cute on my mantel.
I hope you’ll all come and visit me at my blog, Sew Travel Inspired as I sew my way across the USA. Jessi, I wish you a beautiful, happy, healthy baby. Thanks for the opportunity to share with your readers.
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this project, check out these other simple Halloween projects!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 2 Surefire Ways To Disinfect & Clean Bath Toys - March 24, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 165 – And An Oriental Trading Giveaway! - March 23, 2017
- My Toddler Puts Everything In Her Mouth! - March 20, 2017
- How To Make Sensory Bags For Babies & Toddlers - March 17, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 164 – And An Oriental Trading Giveaway! - March 16, 2017