I was a bit bummed that the Red Velvet Hot Chocolate I made for Valentine’s Day last year didn’t turn out nearly as red as I had hoped. So this year I’m making us a different fun and festively colored beverage on Valentine’s Day: Strawberry Champagne Bellinis!
This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious! And it’s perfect for any celebration or occasion, not just Valentine’s Day. So what’s not to love?!
Strawberry Champagne Bellinis:
With the ingredients below we made enough for about 4 glasses of champagne.
- a bottle of champagne
- 10-20 strawberries (frozen or fresh, doesn’t matter)
- 1-2 T simple syrup (optional: you can skip this if you like dry champagne and don’t need it sweeter)
Cut the green tops off the strawberries, and slice them up a bit to make it easier for your blender. Both fresh and frozen strawberries will work, but if you use frozen berries, make sure to let them thaw before blending!
Put the strawberries in a blender along with the simple syrup and blend. Once the strawberries are totally liquid, you’re done!
Pour just under an inch of strawberry purée into a champagne glass, then slowly fill the glass with champagne and enjoy!
Feel free to experiment with the amount of strawberry in your glass. I think just under an inch of purée makes it delicious, but you can make it stronger or weaker depending on your tastes. And add more or less simple syrup to the strawberry mixture if it’s too dry or too sweet!
I was thinking maybe one day I would try this with some raspberries instead. I bet that would be delicious too, don’t you think?!
Do you have any good champagne recipes? I made Champagne Jello Shots for New Year’s this year and they were a huge hit!
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Creativity Unleashed No. 84 – Win A $50 Expressions Vinyl Gift Card! - August 27, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Garden Pests With Ladybugs - August 21, 2015
- 7 Alternate Uses For Disposable Razors - August 18, 2015
- DIY Tin Can Pincushion - August 14, 2015
- How To Grill Hot Dogs - August 13, 2015