This post was last updated on
It’s time for another Caturday post at Practically Functional!
For animals that are supposed to be super clean, our cats make the biggest mess ever in their litter box area!
It’s ridiculous; somehow they manage to track pounds of kitty litter out of the box and into the rest of the house. It’s like magic! Horrible, dirty, mess-making magic.
We got a mat from the pet store and put it underneath their litter box, but it didn’t really help. They still tracked litter everywhere; now there was just a fun looking mat under the worst of it. 🙂
It kept bugging me cuz I’m a bit OCD, so I did something about it!
I went to Home Depot and bought a few rubber garage tiles with giant holes in them and put them down under the litter box instead. My hope was that the litter would get caught in the holes and not tracked out past the mat, and it totally works!
So even though our cats are exceptionally messy, all the litter they kick out of the box just falls down into the holes in the mat and patiently waits for me to vacuum it up one day. Perfect solution!
And the vacuuming is easy; just remove the litter box, lift up the mat, and vacuum up all the litter. Simple!
Do you have extremely messy animals? Have you used garage floor tiles for some other fun or crafty purpose? They’re so cool and useful; I imagine there are tons of things you can do with them!
Want to see the rest of the Caturday posts? Here they are!
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019
- Mermazing SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 26, 2019
- How To Use Heat Transfer Vinyl With A Cricut Machine: A Step By Step Guide - August 23, 2019