Summer is in full swing here in Chicago and my garden is blooming like crazy! I have a ton of lavender this year and I can’t even find enough recipes to use it all up! But lavender is pretty delicious, so it certainly doesn’t stop me from trying. 🙂 Today I’m sharing my lavender iced tea recipe with you; it’s really easy to make in large batches, and it’s the perfect cool, refreshing, summery drink, so it’s perfect for barbecues, parties, get-togethers, or any time!
Lavender Iced Tea Recipe
This recipe makes about a gallon of iced tea (about 16 cups or 8 tall glasses), but it can easily be doubled or halved depending on how many people you have.
- 16 cups of water
- 16 bags of tea (black tea works best for iced tea, so I used Earl Grey, but you can use any kind of tea!)
- 2 teaspoons of dried lavender flowers
- 3/4 C of sugar
Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Once the water boils, turn the heat off and immediately add the tea bags and dried lavender. If you have a tea ball or strainer, put the lavender in there to help keep it all together.
Allow the tea bags and lavender to steep for 5-7 minutes; any longer and the tea will start to turn bitter. (If you really want a stronger “tea flavor”, just add more tea bags rather than increasing the steeping time.)
Pull the tea bags and lavender out of the pot after 5-7 minutes and stir in the sugar while the tea is still warm. Stir until dissolved.
Let the tea cool to room temperature (if you want it even colder, you can refrigerate it after it has cooled to room temp), then serve with ice and a sprig of lavender in each glass!
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this recipe, check out these other delicious recipes!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- The Easiest Way To Make Your Own Clear Party Favor Boxes - February 13, 2019
- How To Hull Strawberries The Safest, Easiest Way - February 8, 2019
- How To Install A Programmable Wall Light Switch Timer - February 4, 2019
- Egg Blowing 101: How To Blow Out An Egg To Make It Hollow - February 1, 2019
- Whatever Sprinkles Your Donuts SVG Cut File - January 28, 2019