This post was last updated on
I’ve seen such cute cocoon cardigans in stores lately, but they’re pretty expensive and I can never find the right colors or sizes. There are great cocoon cardigan crochet patterns out there, so I could make my own in the right size and color, but I don’t have time to crochet something that big. So I decided to make a DIY cocoon cardigan out of a blanket. I used a cable knit stroller blanket, so it looks like the entire thing was hand knit, but in reality it just took a few lines of sewing, and no knitting or crocheting at all!
This is seriously the easiest way to make a DIY cocoon cardigan; all you need is a stroller blanket and a few lines of stitching!
Turn A Blanket Into A DIY Cocoon Cardigan
- 10 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 0 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 10 minutes (total project time)
- sewing machine
- straight pins
Lay your blanket out flat. If there is a “front” and a “back” to the blanket, make sure the “back” is facing up.
Fold all four corners in so that the top and bottom corners meet on either side. Pull the top corner down over the bottom corner about an inch or two, and sew around the triangle where the two pieces overlap.
And that’s it! You’re done!
Stroller blankets come in tons of colors and styles, so you can make your own DIY cocoon cardigan in any style you want!
Or use a stroller blanket your child has outgrown and upcycle it into a cocoon cardigan that will bring back great memories every time you wear it!
Want to share this project with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Personalized Grandparent Pillows With A Cricut Maker - November 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons I Love My Cricut Maker - October 23, 2019
- How To Clean A Microwave With Vinegar & Steam - October 18, 2019
- How To Make A Birthday Coupon Book With A Cricut Maker - September 18, 2019
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019