Simmer pots are a great way to make your home feel warm and inviting, and make it smell wonderful! Plus they help keep a bit of moisture in the air, which is great during the dry winter months. Here are three fall and holiday simmer pot recipes you should try!
Simmer pots are easy to set up: all you have to do is put all of the ingredients in a pot on your stove, fill the pot with water, and turn the burner on low. The pot will gently simmer away, releasing the scent into your home. Just make sure you refill the water every once in a while so it doesn’t boil dry!
3 Fall And Holiday Simmer Pot Recipes
- 5 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 0 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 5 minutes (total project time)
- a large, heavy pot (I love this cast iron pot for my simmer pots!)
All of the simmer pot recipes below are just guidelines; feel free to switch around the ingredients and create your own perfect combination of scents! And if your simmer pot doesn’t smell strongly enough, add more ingredients; as long as you keep the water level full, you can’t go wrong!
Fall Simmer Pot
This fall variation is the perfect way to welcome the changing season, and will fill your home with classic fall scents!
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 orange, sliced into thin slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- 9 whole allspice
- 9 whole cloves
Note: You can substitute ground spices instead of whole, but you may need to use more ground spices to get the same amount of aroma. It will make the water dirty-looking, but it will still smell great!
Christmas Holiday Simmer Pot
This simmer pot has a wintry scent that is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or grate a whole nutmeg)
- 5 star anise
- pine twigs
- 9 juniper berries (gently crush before adding to the pot to release the scent)
Note: Cut a few twigs off your Christmas tree for this simmer pot; it’s the perfect way to keep your home smelling like Christmas even after your tree is gone!
Everyday Simmer Pot
This simmer pot has a light and refreshing scent that’s perfect for everyday use!
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin slices
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What are your favorite simmer pot recipes?
Shop this project:
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 10 Repurposed Project Ideas - July 25, 2017
- DIY Painted Rope Coasters Are Perfect For Summer! - July 21, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #182 & Hand Lettering Giveaway - July 20, 2017
- How Does A Cricut Machine Work? - July 20, 2017
- 18 Non-Alcoholic Drinks For Summer - July 19, 2017