Ready for the simplest shower cleaning tip ever? I’ve been doing this for about four months now, and I love it! Keep a dish brush filled with dish soap and vinegar in your shower, and wipe down the walls real quick every time you shower!
I cleaned the tile grout in our shower last year with some homemade grout cleaner, and it was totally white and clean, but after a while it just got dirty again…lame! So imagine how excited I was to try this dish brush idea!
All you need is white vinegar, dish soap, and a soap-dispensing dish brush. Soap will obviously help keep things clean, and dish soap does a great job cutting through oils and grease, but the vinegar really makes this awesome because it helps control weird smells and eliminates calcification from hard water. Just fill the brush with half vinegar and half dish soap, and shake it up a bit to get the soap mixed.
Leave the brush in your shower or tub and do a quick wipe down of the tile and tub every time you take a shower. It makes it super easy to keep your grout (and the rest of your shower) clean because it only takes about 1 minute and you can do it while you’re already in the shower!
And if you don’t want to just set it on the ledge and leave it, slip a rubber band around the handle and hang it from a hook to keep it up out of the way! A rubber band works perfectly for this because it won’t slip off over the head of the brush, and this way the brush stays upright so the soap doesn’t drip out.
What do you use to clean your shower?
If you’re looking for other awesome bathroom projects, check out these posts:
- DIY Homemade Grout Cleaner
- 18 Small Bathroom Storage Ideas
- DIY Home Improvement: How To Install A Faucet
- Organize Your Bathroom: DIY Wall-Mounted Storage Jars
- Upcycle A Pallet Into A Bath Shelf
- Upcycle An Oatmeal Canister Into A Toilet Paper Holder
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Peppermint Brownies & Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats! - December 19, 2014
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party – No. 50 - December 18, 2014
- 10 Simple Christmas Decoration Ideas - December 18, 2014
- How To Make Ice Lanterns For Under $5 - December 15, 2014
- Recycled Tin Can Christmas Tree For Under $5! - December 12, 2014