One of the first projects I did after we moved into our new house was to make a DIY compost bin for our backyard. There is a gigantic raised garden bed along the side of the garage, and I love to garden, so I figured it was the perfect way to save food scraps and improve the garden at the same time! This week I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you 12 easy DIY projects using wood, including my compost bin! For free plans, materials list, and a cut list for building your own compost bin, visit this post!
12 Easy DIY Projects Using Wood
The thing I love the most about this project is we basically did the whole thing with a cordless drill and a staple gun! We bought our lumber from Home Depot, and they cut it all down to size for us, so all that was left for us to do was assembly.
My husband helped me and we spread the work over a weekend, though you could easily do it in an afternoon if you want.
Once we got the thing covered in chicken wire, we were done!
Check out the full tutorial and free plans here: DIY Compost Bin
And if you want to see more awesome DIY projects you can make with wood, check out these great ideas from the DIY Housewives!
Want to share these ideas with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- The Easiest Way To Make Your Own Clear Party Favor Boxes - February 13, 2019
- How To Hull Strawberries The Safest, Easiest Way - February 8, 2019
- How To Install A Programmable Wall Light Switch Timer - February 4, 2019
- Egg Blowing 101: How To Blow Out An Egg To Make It Hollow - February 1, 2019
- Whatever Sprinkles Your Donuts SVG Cut File - January 28, 2019