This post was last updated on
One of the first projects I did after we moved into our new house was to make a DIY compost bin for our backyard. There is a gigantic raised garden bed along the side of the garage, and I love to garden, so I figured it was the perfect way to save food scraps and improve the garden at the same time! This week I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you 12 easy DIY projects using wood, including my compost bin! For free plans, materials list, and a cut list for building your own compost bin, visit this post!
12 Easy DIY Projects Using Wood
The thing I love the most about this project is we basically did the whole thing with a cordless drill and a staple gun! We bought our lumber from Home Depot, and they cut it all down to size for us, so all that was left for us to do was assembly.
My husband helped me and we spread the work over a weekend, though you could easily do it in an afternoon if you want.
Once we got the thing covered in chicken wire, we were done!
Check out the full tutorial and free plans here: DIY Compost Bin
And if you want to see more awesome DIY projects you can make with wood, check out these great ideas from the DIY Housewives!
[inlinkz_linkup id=712213 mode=1]
Want to share these ideas with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Clean A Microwave With Vinegar & Steam - October 18, 2019
- How To Make A Birthday Coupon Book With A Cricut Maker - September 18, 2019
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019