This post was last updated on
It’s time for the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! A bunch of my blogger friends and I got together to bring you a ton of great handmade holiday decor ideas. So if you love decorating for the holidays but need a little inspiration, look no further! Today I’m going to show you how to make a simple DIY winter greenery wreath; you can choose any winter greenery and accents you want to totally customize the look!
DIY Winter Greenery Wreath
- 15 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 0 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 15 minutes (total project time)
- work wreath form (the kind that is a wire form with twist ties attached to it)
- greenery and decor picks
- plain 9 ft. garland
- floral wire
I made a step by step video showing you how I put this wreath together, but if you’d prefer to read the tutorial, written instructions are below the video!
Start by attaching the garland to the work wreath form using the little twist ties that come with the wreath form. A 9 ft. garland should be able to wrap around a little more than twice. When you get to the end, tuck it into the wreath to hide it.
Attach greenery picks by bending the wires around the wreath form. Use floral wire to really secure the picks onto the wreath.
When I make wreaths that aren’t decorated all the way around, I like to start with a couple symmetrical elements to anchor the focus of the wreath. Then I find one larger “centerpiece” item to put in the middle of the focus area. If you want to, you can add a small additional piece (like the little bird in this wreath) just to give extra visual interest.
When you hang the wreath, hang it so that the focus area is slightly off center or it will all look too symmetrical.
Hang it on your door with a wreath hanger, and you’re done!
Shop this project:
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
A huge thanks goes out to our sponsors this year; they have put together an amazing giveaway for you guys! We have 11 different prizes being given away from 11 different sponsors (a $50+ value each!). There will be 11 winners and each winner will receive one prize. Winners will be randomly drawn from all contest entries on November 14, 2016 and displayed on the widget below. Check out the prizes!
Enter to win using the widget below, and good luck!
If you want to see some other awesome holiday decor ideas, check out the links below!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Keep Kids Clothes Organized With These Cute Dresser Drawer Labels [Free Printable + SVG] - December 6, 2019
- Personalized Gifts With Cricut: 25 Cricut Ideas To Make Sure You Win Christmas This Year! - November 27, 2019
- Personalized Grandparent Pillows With A Cricut Maker - November 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons I Love My Cricut Maker - October 23, 2019
- How To Clean A Microwave With Vinegar & Steam - October 18, 2019