This post was last updated on
Get your home ready for the 4th of July with these super easy DIY wooden firecrackers! With just a few supplies and 15 minutes, you can have these cute patriotic decorations on your front porch!
Get ready for the 4th of July with these adorable DIY wooden firecrackers! You can make this cute patriotic home decor in 15 minutes or less; it’s so easy to do!
DIY Wooden Firecrackers For The 4th Of July
- Time spent doing stuff: 15 minutes
- Time spent waiting around: 45 minutes
- Total project time: 1 hour
- 3 scraps of 2×2 lumber in varying lengths
- red, white, and blue acrylic craft paint
- patriotic ribbon
Check out the video below for the full tutorial! (You can find written instructions below the video.)
Start by sanding the corners of the 2×2 pieces to make sure there aren’t any rough edges or splinters. Then give each block a coat or two of paint on all sides (including the top and bottom) with red, white, and blue acrylic craft paint.
Once the paint is dry, drill a hole into the top of each block of wood with a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the diameter of your wire.
Cut 3” of wire for each block. Put a small amount of glue into the hole in the top of one block, and coat one end of the wire in glue as well. Stick the wire into the block and push it in firmly so that it goes all the way down the hole you drilled.
Wipe away any extra glue from the surface of the wood, and bend the wire into a spiral. Repeat for the other two blocks and then set the blocks aside so the glue can dry.
Once the glue is dry, cut two feet of patriotic ribbon and lay it out flat in front of you. Place all three blocks on top of the ribbon and line up the bottoms so they can stand up when you’re done.
Tie the ribbon in a bow around the blocks, and you’re done!
If you want to learn the easiest way to tie a burlap bow, check out the video below.
Shop this project:
Want to share this project with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Personalized Grandparent Pillows With A Cricut Maker - November 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons I Love My Cricut Maker - October 23, 2019
- How To Clean A Microwave With Vinegar & Steam - October 18, 2019
- How To Make A Birthday Coupon Book With A Cricut Maker - September 18, 2019
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019