It always seems like the house gets a bit musty in the winter; it’s so cold that we keep the doors and windows shut and the curtains closed all season long. I can’t wait until it warms up a bit so that we can throw the windows open and let some fresh air in! But in the meantime, I decided to combat the stale, musty air with a homemade linen spray. It’s so quick and easy to make, and it really freshens up the place!
I chose to make my homemade linen spray with a grapefruit scent because I think citrus is just so refreshing, but the great thing about making this yourself is that you can choose any scent you want!
Simple Homemade Linen Spray
Here’s what you need:
- 1 C distilled water
- 1/4 C rubbing alcohol (or plain vodka)
- a few drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
- a spray bottle
In a glass, mix together the rubbing alcohol and about ten drops of your favorite essential oil. The rubbing alcohol will help make the water evaporate faster when you spray it, so that you don’t end up with a giant wet patch on your pillow at night!
Pour the distilled water into the spray bottle, then add the rubbing alcohol/essential oil mixture. Shake it up well, spray it in a stale-smelling room or on your linens in your linen closet, and enjoy!
If you find you can still smell the rubbing alcohol when you spray your homemade linen spray, add a few more drops of essential oil until the oil hides the smell of the rubbing alcohol.
The oil will start to separate out as the bottle sits, so remember to shake it up well every time before you spray it. Enjoy your fresh-smelling home!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- The Easiest Way To Make Your Own Clear Party Favor Boxes - February 13, 2019
- How To Hull Strawberries The Safest, Easiest Way - February 8, 2019
- How To Install A Programmable Wall Light Switch Timer - February 4, 2019
- Egg Blowing 101: How To Blow Out An Egg To Make It Hollow - February 1, 2019
- Whatever Sprinkles Your Donuts SVG Cut File - January 28, 2019