Learn how to make fancy clear party favor boxes in just minutes with a Cricut Maker! Perfect for weddings, baby showers, birthdays, & more!
If you’re looking for a fancy way to hand out party favors at your next big celebration, look no further: these gem-shaped party favor boxes can be made with a Cricut Maker in just a minute or two! The Maker cuts through foil acetate like butter, and once you fold the box up along the pre-scored lines, you’ll have a gorgeous clear party favor box that’s perfect for any event!
How To Make Clear Party Favor Boxes
- Time spent doing stuff: 2 minutes
- Time spent waiting around: 3 minutes
- Total project time: 5 minutes
Start by opening the party favor box template. Click the green Make It button to make the party favor box as-is (the boxes are approximately 5″ tall and 3″ wide at the widest point once folded up and assembled).
If you want to change the size of the box, you can click the Customize button to open the template inside of Design Space. Just be careful to resize every piece of the design all at once, otherwise the pieces won’t fit together when you try to fold it up later.
The Cricut Maker will do the score lines first, so set your material to Foil Acetate and then load the scoring wheel in Clamp B. (First time using the scoring wheel? Check out this post covering everything you need to know about the scoring wheel!)
Pull the thin plastic backing off of the foil acetate, then place it onto your mat with the foil side up (the “pretty” front side is down, and the “back” which has the actual foil embedded into it is face up).
Load the mat into the machine and press the flashing Go button to start the cut. Once the machine finishes scoring, remove the scoring wheel from Clamp B and install the fine point blade to continue the cut. DO NOT unload the mat at this point! Just switch the blade out and press the Go button to resume the cut.
When the machine is done cutting, unload the mat and carefully remove the foil acetate from the mat. To fold the box, gently fold along all of the score lines, then push the triangle-shaped tabs into the cut slots around the entire box.
You can fill the box with goodies before you close it up completely, and you have a fun gem-shaped party favor box ready to go!
If you are looking for a different type of party favor box, check out these cute little pillow boxes you can make with your Maker!
Want to share this project with your friends? Share to Facebook, Pinterest, or send the article by email—just click on any of the share buttons floating on the left, or find them at the top and bottom of this post.
Tools & Supplies I Recommend
Disclosure: I received compensation from Cricut in exchange for my participation in this campaign, and my honest discussion of their products. But the Cricut Maker and, really, all Cricut products are seriously amazing and all opinions in this post are 100% my own. I would never write a post about something I didn’t think was useful or interesting for you guys, and Practically Functional will only publish sponsored posts for companies or products I love and believe in! 🙂
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
How To Make Clear Party Favor Boxes
- Click the green Make It button to send the project to your machine (or click Customize to resize the box before cutting if necessary)
- Remove the plastic backing from the foil acetate sheet and load it onto the mat "pretty" side down (the bumpy foil side should be face up)
- Load the scoring wheel into Clamp B of your Cricut Maker
- Load the mat into the machine and press the flashing Go button
- When the machine finishes scoring it will pause. Remove the scoring wheel and install the fine-point blade, then press the Go button to resume the cut. DO NOT unload the mat at this point.
- Unload the mat when the machine finishes cutting and gently remove the foil acetate from the mat
- Fold along the score lines to fold the box into a gem shape; press the triangle-shaped tabs into the pre-cut slots to hold the box together
- Fill with goodies and hand them out as party favors!
Save your favorite projects!
Create a free account to easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and recipes.Create Account