This post was last updated on
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for anything that will help make cleaning easier, especially when it involves tons of scrubbing. I had an extra brush head for a palm brush laying around and thought “I bet I can turn this into a scrub brush attachment for my drill.” Turns out, I was right, and it was SO easy to do! Now it’s crazy easy to clean anything that requires scrubbing; I just let the drill do all the work!
How To Make A Scrub Brush For Your Drill
- 2 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 0 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 2 minutes (total project time)
NOTE: The replacement brushes for soap dispensing brushes already have holes in the center so they can dispense soap, so they’re perfect for this!
This was such a simple project, I made a video to show you how easy it is!
I love using this for cleaning grout; it makes it so much easier. My homemade grout cleaner works really well so you don’t need to scrub as much to get your grout clean, but it’s still a pain, so I’m thrilled to have this scrub brush for the drill now!
If you prefer written instructions, here you go!
Put the bolt through the replacement brush so that the bolt sticks out the back of the brush. Add a washer, then screw a nut onto the bolt. Screw the nut all the way onto the bolt and then tighten it against the brush with a pair of pliers to make sure the brush doesn’t come loose while you use it.
Open up the chuck on your drill, stick the brush attachment on the drill, then tighten the chuck.
And you’re ready to go!
Just make sure you use the drill in reverse when cleaning; otherwise the rotation of the drill could loosen the nut and your brush could come flying off!
What’s your favorite tip or trick for making cleaning easier?
Shop this project:
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019
- Mermazing SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 26, 2019
- How To Use Heat Transfer Vinyl With A Cricut Machine: A Step By Step Guide - August 23, 2019