This post was last updated on
I love decorating for Christmas; it’s my favorite holiday and it just makes me so happy to have Christmas decorations up in our house! I put them up as early as possible and leave them up for an extra few weeks even after the holiday is over. I had some extra shatterproof ornaments leftover from the ornament wreath I made, so I decided to use them in some Christmas decor. I made a super simple DIY Christmas lantern decoration using a large lantern, the ornaments, and a big ribbon bow. It took less than 5 minutes and I just love how it looks!
The great thing about this Christmas lantern is that you can use it indoors or outdoors; it looks great on a mantel, or you can put it on your porch to welcome visitors!
Simple DIY Christmas Lantern Decoration
- 5 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 0 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 5 minutes (total project time)
- large metal lantern (I used this one from Pier 1 Imports – it also comes in white, black, red, and brown)
- shatterproof ornaments
- wire edged ribbon
- faux greenery for accents
This project is so simple you don’t even really need “instructions”, but here’s how I put this lantern together step by step.
First I opened up the pane at the back and filled the lantern with the shatterproof ornaments.
Then I tied a big bow around the handle of the lantern. I made a video tutorial on how to make a burlap bow, and I used the same steps to make this bow.
I stuck a few sprigs of faux berries in the top of the lantern and into the bow itself, and I was done!
It’s such a super simple idea, and you can customize it with any colors you want!
This cat really wanted to hang out in the little wicker basket, so I just let him photobomb this shoot; too cute to make him move!
Shop this project:
Want to share this project with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Flatten In Cricut Design Space - February 3, 2020
- How To Attach In Cricut Design Space - January 27, 2020
- How To Weld In Cricut Design Space - January 20, 2020
- How To Slice In Cricut Design Space - January 13, 2020
- How To Organize Your Kitchen Drawers: 20 Ideas To Tame The Clutter - December 16, 2019