Eating watermelon is one of my favorite things about summer; they’re so juicy and delicious, and it just makes me feel like summer has arrived! If you love watermelon too, you’re going to love today’s recipe: watermelon pizza! It’s a quick and easy snack to make, plus it’s pretty healthy since it’s all fruit and yogurt!
Watermelon Pizza Recipe
- a whole watermelon, cut into 1” thick slices
- plain yogurt (or flavored/sweetened if you’d prefer)
- a variety of fruits, cut up into small chunks
- honey or agave nectar, optional
You also need:
- a very sharp knife
- a big serving platter
I made a video to show you just how easy it is to make this watermelon pizza!
Start by cutting your watermelon into 1” thick slices. Each slice will be its own “pizza”.
Lay the slice of watermelon down on a serving platter and cut it into six pieces, like a pizza. It’s easier to cut it first before you add the toppings.
Cover the slice of watermelon with yogurt, leaving about half an inch near the rind uncovered to be the “crust”.
Cut up your favorite fruits into small chunks. Any kind of fruit will work, just pick whatever you like best!
If you’re making more than one watermelon pizza, you can even choose different toppings for each pizza and let your kids customize each one the way they like.
For our pizza I chose kiwis, strawberries, apricots, and blackberries.
Sprinkle your fruit toppings onto the yogurt.
If you want your watermelon pizza to be a bit sweeter, drizzle the entire pizza with honey or agave nectar.
Watermelon pizza is such a delicious summertime snack; your kids will love it!
P.S. If you want an amazing summertime treat that’s a little sweeter, check out this summer peach blueberry trifle or these cherry limeade popsicles. They’re both quick and easy to make, totally delicious, and great for a crowd!
It’s also the perfect snack to bring for a summer picnic or potluck because it’s quick to make, and you can let your family and friends make their own pizza with any toppings they want!
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Cricut EasyPress 2: Unboxing & Introduction - October 17, 2018
- Go Green With FREE Grove Hand Soap & Glass Dispenser - October 8, 2018
- How To Make A Melted Crayon Pumpkin With A Hot Glue Gun - September 24, 2018
- Resting Witch Face SVG Cut File - September 17, 2018
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Fall Scents Trio & Dish Brush From Grove Collaborative! - September 4, 2018