Hi everyone, I’m Leanne Blackmon from UrbanGirlBakes.com! I started Urban Girl Bakes a couple of months ago, but some of you might have seen me from my fashion blog, Classy Yet Trendy. On that blog, I posted recipes occasionally and noticed that traffic on the recipe posts were really high. So, I thought I would start Urban Girl Bakes, a blog about recipes, blogging and lifestyle. I enjoy sharing my recipes and blogging tips with everyone!
I’m so excited to be guest contributor today on Practically Functional! Jessi has a fabulous blog and I like reading about her recipes, projects and cleaning tips. I also look forward to joining the Creativity Unleashed Link Party each week and seeing other bloggers’ posts.
Today, I’m sharing with you all my Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza.
This is a copycat version of the “Taco Bell” Mexican Pizza that is so easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious!
I’ve loved Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza for years now. There’s something about the crisp tortillas, taco sauce, tender tomatoes, and melted cheese that tastes so delicious! I remember years ago when our local Taco Bell added sliced black olives and sliced green onions on the top. Now, they no longer include those toppings.
Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza is my favorite item on the menu. It’s about the only item I get when I go there. My copycat version of the Mexican Pizza is budget-friendly too. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator to prepare this recipe!
It’s really easy to make! You start off by heating the tortilla shells in a skillet, about 1-2 minutes per side. Then, you heat your refried beans. Spread some of the refried beans all over one of the tortilla shells and place the other tortilla shell over it. Next, you spread taco sauce all over the top of the tortilla shell, add your tomatoes, mexican blend shredded cheese and green onion slices. Bake in the oven just enough to melt the cheese, then voila it’s ready to eat!
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 8″ tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the tortillas 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Heat the refried beans.
- Spread the refried beans completely on one tortilla.
- Place the other tortilla on top.
- Place the combined tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Spread the taco sauce on the top tortilla.
- Add the tomatoes, shredded cheese and onions.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this recipe, check out these other simple recipes!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Paint A Door The Easy Way! - September 18, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #190 & Crates & Pallet Giveaway - September 14, 2017
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Fall Scents Kit From Grove Collaborative! - September 12, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #189 & Crates & Pallet Giveaway - September 7, 2017
- 11 Easy DIY Fall Decor Projects - September 6, 2017