Remember those wedding invitation ornaments I posted about a while back? Well I took the same idea and gave it a little Christmas-y twist this past weekend! I love how this paper curl ornament turned out!
I’m participating in the Ornament Exchange hosted by One Artsy Mama, and this is the ornament I made for my exchange partner.
I used the same process I used for the wedding invitation ornaments, but instead of a wedding invitation, I cut up a piece of fun Christmas card stock and made paper curls out of that.
I also etched an “S” onto the glass ornament to personalize it a bit. I tied a piece of gold elastic cord through the loop for hanging on a tree, and I was done!
Can you see the S? It’s pretty faint, but it’s there!
Filling a glass ornament with paper curls is such a quick, simple, and pretty way to make an ornament. Plus you can personalize it however you want!
Have you ever made a handmade Christmas ornament? We used to make salt dough ornaments when we were kids, but I like this idea. It’s a little more grown-up.
If you’re looking for a few other Christmas crafts, check out these tutorials!
- DIY Snow Globe Christmas Ornament
- DIY Printed Fabric Gift Tags
- Tin Can Snowman
- DIY Christmas Pet Collars
- How To Display Holiday Cards
- Paper Envelope Advent Calendar
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Harry Potter Inspired Butterbeer Latte Recipe - July 28, 2014
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party – No. 30 - July 25, 2014
- 10 Awesome Craft Projects to Make this Week - July 24, 2014
- Silhouette Promo: Designer Edition Studio Software Bundles! - July 22, 2014
- How To Transplant Tomato Seedlings Into Larger Containers - July 21, 2014