Are you hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year? If you’re having a bunch of people over, these simple Thanksgiving place cards are quick and easy to make, and a totally festive way to dress up your table!
These Thanksgiving place cards take less than ten minutes to make, and I’ve even provided a free printable template for you below so that you can create your own!
DIY Thanksgiving Place Cards
Here’s what you need to make your own place cards: (affiliate links below to the products I used and recommend)
- chalk markers
- gel pens (or Silhouette sketch pens)
- Silhouette Cameo (or scissors or an X-acto knife)
- printable template (links to download below)
Note: I used chalk markers for this project because the chalk ink doesn’t run and it marks up the edges nicely. But you can use regular markers instead if you don’t have chalk markers; just be careful not to get too much ink on the edges of the leaves or the ink will run!
If you want the printable templates for these place cards, you can download them below!
Start by cutting out the leaves from your cardstock. If you have a Silhouette cutting machine, you can use the Silhouette sketch pens to draw the name onto the leaves before you cut them. If not, you can either print the names before you cut them out, or if you’re handwriting is nice, feel free to write the names on by hand with a gel pen!
(If you haven’t used Silhouette sketch pens before, they’re super easy to use! Here’s a detailed tutorial on how to use sketch pens if you want some more info!)
Once your leaves are cut out, use a chalk marker to add a bit of color around the edges of the leaf.
Set the place cards in the middle of the place settings, and you’re done!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 2 Surefire Ways To Disinfect & Clean Bath Toys - March 24, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 165 – And An Oriental Trading Giveaway! - March 23, 2017
- My Toddler Puts Everything In Her Mouth! - March 20, 2017
- How To Make Sensory Bags For Babies & Toddlers - March 17, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 164 – And An Oriental Trading Giveaway! - March 16, 2017