Looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day craft idea? These Hershey’s Kisses mice are perfect; not only are they adorable and incredibly easy to make, but you can give them as valentines and they’re delicious! They only take about five minutes to put together, and all you need is a bag of Hershey’s Kisses, paper, string, googly eyes, and non-toxic glue!
Valentine’s Day Hershey’s Kisses Mice
Here’s what you need to make these adorable handmade mice:
- Hershey’s Kisses (the Valentine’s Day bag comes with Kisses wrapped in pink, silver, and red foil, but the plain silver ones work great too!)
- paper for the ears (I used pink paper for the inside and brown kraft paper for the outside)
- baker’s twine
- small googly eyes
- non-toxic glue (Elmer’s Glue-All glue and glue sticks are non-toxic)
Start by grabbing two Hershey’s Kisses and cutting off the paper flag that sticks out of the top of the candy.
Then cut two teardrop shapes out of the paper you are using for the outside of the ears. The round parts will be the ears, and the pointy parts will be glued onto the Kiss to keep the ears in place. Cut two more slightly smaller teardrop shapes out of the pink paper for the inside of the ears. Glue the pink paper onto the brown paper so that a bit of the brown shows all around the pink.
Glue both ears onto the flat part of a Kiss. Then glue a second Kiss onto the back of the first kiss. Now you have a mouse body with ears!
Cut a piece of twine about 2″ long and tie a small knot near one end. Glue the other end of the twine onto the point of the Kiss at the back of the mouse.
Then glue two small googly eyes onto the Kiss at the front of the mouse, and you’re done!
Aren’t they cute?!
As long as you use non-toxic glue to put these together, they’re still totally safe to eat! (Just don’t eat the ears, tail, or eyes!)
Need some more Valentine’s Day ideas? Check these out!
- DIY Valentines Pillow Boxes
- DIY Paper Heart Garland
- Valentine’s Day Cocktails: Cupid’s Broken Arrow
- DIY Valentine’s Day Swizzle Sticks
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Classic Valentine’s Day Punch Recipe - January 30, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party – No. 54 - January 29, 2015
- How To Make Cupid’s Arrow Valentines (Non-candy!) - January 27, 2015
- How To Make Valentine’s Day Pom Pom Monsters - January 26, 2015
- DIY Recycled Tin Can Emergency Candles - January 23, 2015