This post was last updated on
These bacon wrapped dates are the perfect quick and easy appetizer, plus they’re a total crowd pleaser! They only take ten minutes to make, the mix of salty and sweet is delicious, and it’s not like you can go wrong by wrapping something in bacon!
These are perfect for anything from fancy dinner parties to Superbowl parties; everyone will love them!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Appetizer
- whole, pitted dates
- uncooked strips of bacon
- chili powder
NOTE: You can also use peppered bacon for this (found in the deli usually), and skip the chili powder if you want.
You’re going to broil these, so if your broiler needs to be pre-heated, turn it on now. And get out your broiling pan (a cookie sheet will work in a pinch).
Cut your strips of bacon in half and lay them out flat. Lightly sprinkle the bacon pieces with chili powder, then place a date at one end.
Roll each piece of bacon around a date, and stick a toothpick through to hold it in place. Put the bacon wrapped dates on your broiler pan, leaving enough space between them to flip them over halfway through.
Put the pan in the broiler and broil for 4-6 minutes. Then pull them out, turn them over, and broil for another 4-6 minutes.
Once the bacon is fully cooked and a little bit browned, they’re done! Pull them out and enjoy immediately! They don’t reheat well, but it’s never taken anybody longer than six minutes to completely annihilate a plate of these bad boys, so you should be fine. 🙂
What is your go-to appetizer for parties?
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019
- Mermazing SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 26, 2019
- How To Use Heat Transfer Vinyl With A Cricut Machine: A Step By Step Guide - August 23, 2019