This post was last updated on
What could be more perfect than a cool, refreshing, delicious popsicle on a hot summer’s day? A cool, refreshing, delicious basil mint citrus mojito popsicle, that’s what! These popsicles combine some of my favorite summer flavors (and you can easily leave out the alcohol to make a kid-friendly version if you want!)
Basil Mint Citrus Mojito Popsicles
I was inspired by this recipe, but I modified the proportions a bit because I wanted the basil and the mint flavors to stand out more!
Ingredients: (affiliate links below)
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 C fresh squeezed orange juice (3-5 oranges depending on how big they are; I ended up using 4)
- 2 T lemon juice (1 lemon, if you want fresh squeezed juice)
- 2 T lime juice (1 lime, if you want fresh squeezed juice)
- 2 1/2 T sugar
- 1 C crushed ice
- 2 T rum (optional)
I used these popsicle molds that I bought on Amazon, and I love them! They come with a lid that holds the popsicle sticks in place so they don’t tip over, and it’s really easy to slide the popsicles out of the molds once they’re frozen!
Start by juicing your citrus. It takes a little more effort than just buying a carton of OJ, but the fresh squeezed taste is so worth it!
Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until combined. It might get a bit frothy as you blend, but don’t worry about it.
As you pour the mixture into the popsicle molds, be careful not to pour too much froth along with the liquid, otherwise you’ll end up with an air-filled popsicle once it’s frozen!
You can clip your popsicle sticks with mini clothespins or paperclips to help keep them from sinking down to the bottom of the molds while they freeze!
Once they’re frozen solid, run some water over the outside of the mold and the popsicles will slide right out!
JM was a good sport helping me stage stuff in order to get these photos before the popsicles melted. But I think maybe he just wanted me to hurry up so he could eat them!
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this recipe, check out these other delicious recipes!
If you want to see some more awesome citrus projects, check these out!
Seven Thirty Three – Citrus Foam Dough
Practically Functional – Basil Mint Citrus Mojito Popsicles
Crafting in the Rain – Citrus Plates
The Benson Street – Citrus Magnet Clips
Here Comes the Sun – Basil Lemonade Slushie
Dolen Diaries – “When Life Gives you Lemons” Gift
Just Us Four – Ginger Lemon Tarts with Fresh Berries
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Clean A Microwave With Vinegar & Steam - October 18, 2019
- How To Make A Birthday Coupon Book With A Cricut Maker - September 18, 2019
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019