This post was last updated on
My favorite part of fall (besides cute boots and sweaters!) are the leaves; the colors are just gorgeous! So I decided to turn a plain, boring lampshade into a gorgeous decoupage lampshade with fall leaves!
This project was so quick and easy to do, and now every time we turn the lamp on, we get to see the leaves in fun fall colors!
Decoupage Fall Leaves Lampshade
Here’s what you need: (affiliate links below to the products I used and recommend)
- colored paper
- a Silhouette Cameo or Portrait (or a pair of scissors, if you have awesome cutting skills by hand!)
- a paintbrush
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut fall leaves out of my colored paper, but you can cut out leaves with scissors if you don’t have a Cameo!
Decoupage is really easy to use; when you want to stick something to something else, just brush some decoupage onto both surfaces, and stick them together! So in this case, brush some decoupage onto your lampshade (no need to cover the whole lampshade, just add the decoupage to a small area about as big as your leaf), brush some more onto the back side of a paper leaf, position the leaf where you want it, and press it onto the lampshade!
Once your leaf is stuck to the lampshade, brush some more decoupage over the top of the entire leaf to really make sure it’s stuck. Don’t worry, it dries completely clear!
Repeat the process to add as many leaves as you want, and you’re done! Let the decoupage dry overnight, and then attach the lampshade to a lamp and enjoy!
Have you started decorating for fall yet?
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this Silhouette project, check out these other simple projects you can do with your Silhouette!
This project is part of this month’s Silhouette Challenge! Want to see some other great home decor project ideas you can make using your Silhouette cutting machine? Check these out!
1. The Moberg Family // 2. Sandpaper and Glue // 3. American Honey // 4. Weekend Craft // 5. Grey Luster Girl // 6. From Wine to Whine // 7. Cutesy Crafts // 8. Practically Functional // 9. Home At Eight // 10. McCall Manor // 11. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 12. Adventures in All Things Food // 13. Create it. Go! // 14. Please Excuse My Craftermath… // 15. The Outlandish Momma // 16. The Sensory Emporium // 17. My Paper Craze // 18. unOriginal Mom // 19. My Favorite Finds // 20. Architecture of a Mom // 21. Black and White Obsession //
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- DIY No Sew Baby Flower Headbands - June 5, 2019
- Quick & Easy Campfire Meals - May 27, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Weeds Naturally - May 22, 2019
- Which Cricut Should I Buy? All 4 Cricut Models Compared - April 26, 2019
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019