The full tutorial for making these adorable Easter onesies is below, but if don’t want to make one yourself, I’ll make one for you! You can find these Easter baby onesies in my Etsy shop!
Now that spring is here, it’s time to start thinking about Easter! These darling Easter baby onesies are the perfect gift for any new mom, or make one for your own kid and take adorable photos of your baby this Easter!
They’re super cute, and they only take about ten minutes to make!
DIY Easter Baby Onesies
Here’s what you need: (Amazon affiliate links below)
- plain white baby onesies
- heat transfer vinyl
- a fun Easter graphic (Google “easter graphics” and see what comes up, I’m sure you’ll find something you love!)
- Silhouette cutting machine (or scissors or an X-acto knife if you’re doing it by hand)
- iron and ironing board
- a clean hand towel
The first thing you have to do is cut out your graphic from your heat transfer vinyl. Remember that when you use heat transfer vinyl, your final image is mirrored. So if your design has letters in it, make sure you mirror them before you cut!
Once you have your cut out graphic, peel away the excess vinyl from the clear plastic backing, leaving just the design you want to transfer onto the onesie.
If your design has multiple colors like mine in the photo below, just cut away the clear backing plastic near the “seam” so that you can iron both pieces on at once. If your design has multiple colors and is too complicated to neatly cut away the backing plastic, just apply the vinyl in layers, one piece at a time!
Position the heat transfer vinyl on the onesie, plastic backing side up, and place a clean hand towel over the entire design.
Press a hot iron down onto the towel over the design for 45-60 seconds. Remove the towel and gently peel away the plastic backing; if the design comes away from the onesie, carefully replace the plastic backing, replace the towel, and press the iron into the design for another 15-30 seconds.
Once the design is fully stuck and the backing peels away cleanly, you’re done!
Quick and easy and adorable!
And of course, I could stop at just one! Check out these other Easter baby onesies I made! All of them are available here in my Etsy shop!
Isn’t that carrot too cute?! The orange body is soft and fuzzy and the stem and leaves are glittery!
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Cricut EasyPress 2: Unboxing & Introduction - October 17, 2018
- Go Green With FREE Grove Hand Soap & Glass Dispenser - October 8, 2018
- How To Make A Melted Crayon Pumpkin With A Hot Glue Gun - September 24, 2018
- Resting Witch Face SVG Cut File - September 17, 2018
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Fall Scents Trio & Dish Brush From Grove Collaborative! - September 4, 2018