One of my favorite things about Christmas is decorating our Christmas tree; I think the more ornaments, lights, and garlands, the better! You can never have too many ornaments, so I filled glass ball Christmas ornaments with tinsel and beads this year. They took less than five minutes to make, and they’re super cute! Plus they make the perfect handmade gifts to give to friends and relatives if your own tree is getting a little cluttered!
DIY Filled Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments
You only need a few things to make your own Christmas ornaments:
- empty glass ball ornaments
- something to fill them with (tinsel, beads, fake snow, etc.)
- ribbon for hanging
I found all of my supplies at Michaels, but any craft store near you should have this stuff! I used a garland of tinsel and a garland of beads and ribbon for these ornaments, but you can fill them with anything you can think of that will fit through the opening!
Start by pulling out the top of an empty ornament.
Then cut apart your tinsel garland into a few small pieces and push them into the small opening until the entire ball is filled.
Then put the top back in place. Cut a strand of ribbon, thread it through the top, and tie it into a loop for hanging the ornament.
If you want to try something different, just put one single strand of tinsel in your ornament and let it curl around!
Or try filling the ornament with beads and ribbon instead!
Get creative with these; you can fill them with anything that will fit in through the opening! You can use beads, sand, ribbon, curled paper strips, tinsel, and more!
Want even more Christmas ornament tutorials?!
If you love Christmas and crafting, then my book 12 Easy Handmade Christmas Ornaments is the book for you! It’s a collection of 12 easy-to-follow tutorials for handmade Christmas ornaments that are the perfect addition to any Christmas tree! No experience necessary; just follow the simple step-by-step directions, and check out the photos along with each step if you need additional guidance!
Grab a copy today and get ready to craft this holiday season!
If you’re looking for a few other Christmas crafts, check out these tutorials!
- Turn Holiday Cards Into Keepsake Ornaments
- DIY Christmas Kissing Ball
- DIY Glitter Snowflake Ornaments
- DIY Tin Can Snowman
- DIY Folded Paper Ornaments
- DIY Snow Globe Christmas Ornament
- DIY Silver Pine Cone Wreath
- DIY Printed Fabric Gift Tags
- DIY Paper Curl Ornament
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Baby’s 1st Christmas Keepsake Ornament - November 5, 2018
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Orange Clove, Peppermint, & Pine Holiday Cleaning Products! - November 1, 2018
- How To Make Stove Top Potpourri - October 29, 2018
- 15 Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes Everyone Will Love! - October 22, 2018
- Cricut EasyPress 2: Unboxing & Introduction - October 17, 2018