This post was last updated on
It’s time for the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! A bunch of my blogger friends and I got together to bring you a ton of great handmade gift ideas for the holidays, so if you love making handmade gifts but need a little inspiration, look no further! Today I’m going to show you how to make a super cute “My 1st Christmas” onesie; it makes a great baby shower gift or (early) Christmas gift for any new mother, and it’s so quick and easy to make! I’ve even provided the free design file below in PDF or Silhouette Studio format if you’d like to use this exact design!
DIY My 1st Christmas Onesie
- 15 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 5 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 20 minutes (total project time)
- Silhouette Cameo (you can also use any other cutting machine like a Silhouette Portrait or Cricut Explore Air)
- heat press or an iron
- My 1st Christmas graphic (you can download the Silhouette Studio file or a PDF version; all downloads are for PERSONAL USE ONLY, please contact me if you wish to use this design for commercial purposes)
I shared a detailed, step by step tutorial on how to use heat transfer vinyl earlier, so if you need a refresher on how to use HTV to make a onesie, check that post out. But here are the basics.
Start by opening the design in Silhouette Studio software. If you’re using multiple colors or materials for your onesie, separate out your design so that you can cut each color individually, and remember to mirror your images and text before you cut!
Once your design is cut, weed out the extra vinyl, then position the design on the onesie and press it. If you’re using a heat press, follow the directions that came with the vinyl to figure out the temperature and time required to adhere the vinyl. If you’re using an iron, press firmly for 45-60 seconds with the iron on the Cotton setting.
Once the vinyl is stuck to the onesie, you’re done!
This year will actually be AJ’s second Christmas, but she’s such a cute model that I had to dress her up for a photo!
Shop this project:
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
A huge thanks goes out to our sponsors this year; they have put together an amazing giveaway for you guys! We have 11 different prizes being given away from 11 different sponsors (a $50+ value each!). There will be 11 winners and each winner will receive one prize. Winners will be randomly drawn from all contest entries on November 14, 2016 and displayed on the widget below. Check out the prizes!
Enter to win using the widget below, and good luck!
If you want to see some other awesome holiday gift ideas, check out the links below!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Which Is The Best Cricut Machine In 2019: All 4 Cricut Models Compared - April 26, 2019
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019
- Great Wolf Lodge Is Not For The Faint Of Heart (But It’s Worth It!) - March 15, 2019
- Deep Clean Your Bathroom With These 10 Simple Hacks! - March 4, 2019
- Tired As A Mother SVG Cut File - February 26, 2019