I have tons of extra mason jars laying around, and the other day I thought “These could be so cute if I gave them a little makeover!” So I did! With just a few stickers and a quick coat of spray paint, these plain mason jars became super cute silhouette candle jars.
These candle jars are so easy to make, and you can make them for any holiday or season, or just to match the colors of your decor! You can use snowflake stickers and white spray paint for Christmas, or flower stickers and bright colors for spring; they’re so versatile!
DIY Silhouette Candle Jars
Here’s what you need:
- plain mason jars
- stickers, or adhesive vinyl and something to cut it with (scissors, an X-acto knife, a Silhouette cutting machine, a Cricut, etc.)
- painter’s tape
- spray paint
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut adhesive vinyl into the shape of maple leaves, but you can use scissors or an X-acto knife if you don’t have a cutting machine. Or you can use stickers if you can find them in the shape that you want.
Place the stickers on the jars, and cover the threads with painter’s tape so you can put the lids back on later. Or you can skip this part if you don’t plan to put the lids back on. (Either way, make sure you don’t put the lids on while the candles are burning!)
Turn the jars upside down and give the whole jar a light coat of spray paint. You want the insides of the jar to stay clear, so be sure your jars are upside down so that no paint gets inside while you spray!
Once the jars are dry, carefully remove the stickers and tape from each jar, and you’re done! Put a tea light candle or votive candle in each jar, light them, and enjoy!
Want to share this project with your friends? Share to Facebook, Pinterest, or send the article by email—just click on any of the share buttons floating on the left, or find them at the top and bottom of this post.
How To Make Silhouette Candle Jars
- spray paint
- adhesive vinyl
- painter's tape
- Using your Cricut or Silhouette, cut out a solid shape to use as your "silhouetted item" from a piece of adhesive vinyl.
- Place the vinyl stickers on a clean mason jar, and add painters tape around the threads at the top to protect them from paint.
- Turn the jar upside down on top of a drop cloth or piece of cardboard and spray the entire outside of the jar with a light, even coat of paint. Add a second coat if needed to fully cover the entire jar.
- Once the paint is completely dry, carefully remove the painter's tape and the adhesive vinyl sticker. Place a tea light candle inside the silhouette jar, light it, and you're done!
Save your favorite projects!
Create a free account to easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and recipes.Create Account