This post was last updated on
I have tons of extra mason jars laying around, and the other day I thought “These could be so cute if I gave them a little makeover!” So I did! With just a few stickers and a quick coat of spray paint, these plain mason jars became super cute silhouette candle jars.
These candle jars are so easy to make, and you can make them for any holiday or season, or just to match the colors of your decor! You can use snowflake stickers and white spray paint for Christmas, or flower stickers and bright colors for spring; they’re so versatile!
DIY Silhouette Candle Jars
Here’s what you need:
- plain mason jars
- stickers, or adhesive vinyl and something to cut it with (scissors, an X-acto knife, a Silhouette cutting machine, a Cricut, etc.)
- painter’s tape
- spray paint
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut adhesive vinyl into the shape of maple leaves, but you can use scissors or an X-acto knife if you don’t have a cutting machine. Or you can use stickers if you can find them in the shape that you want.
Place the stickers on the jars, and cover the threads with painter’s tape so you can put the lids back on later. Or you can skip this part if you don’t plan to put the lids back on. (Either way, make sure you don’t put the lids on while the candles are burning!)
Turn the jars upside down and give the whole jar a light coat of spray paint. You want the insides of the jar to stay clear, so be sure your jars are upside down so that no paint gets inside while you spray!
Once the jars are dry, carefully remove the stickers and tape from each jar, and you’re done! Put a tea light candle or votive candle in each jar, light them, and enjoy!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this project, check out these other simple fall crafts!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019
- Mermazing SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 26, 2019
- How To Use Heat Transfer Vinyl With A Cricut Machine: A Step By Step Guide - August 23, 2019