This post was last updated on
Today I have a quick and easy Valentine’s Day project to share with you: DIY Valentine’s pillow boxes! These cute little pillows boxes are the perfect way to spread a bit of love on Valentine’s Day; fill them with candy, or add a love note, and pass them out! They only take about ten minutes to make and you only need an empty toilet paper tube, a strip of paper, and some string!
DIY Valentines Pillow Boxes
Here’s what you need to make your own pillow box valentines:
- empty toilet paper tube
- colored paper
- baker’s twine
- glue stick
NOTE: If you’re worried about using a toilet paper tube for this project, you can cut an empty paper towel tube or wrapping paper tube down to the correct size, or make a similarly sized tube out of cardstock and start with that instead! Or here is how to make a gorgeous lace pillow box out of cardstock with a Cricut Maker!
Start by flattening the toilet paper tube, and press the creases on either side flat. Let the tube pop back open slightly, then push the top of the tube down in towards the middle, so that it creates a rounded fold.
Push in the other side the same way to close off one end of the tube, and then repeat at the other end of the tube.
Cut a 6″ x 1.5″ strip of paper and glue it around the center of the pillow box.
Fill the pillow box with candies or a love note, then take a piece of baker’s twine and tie the box closed, and you’re done!
Mix it up by using different papers or different colored baker’s twine!
These handmade pillow box valentines are the perfect way to recycle an empty toilet paper tube into a fun gift!
These pillow boxes are part of the Valentine’s Day Edition of Craft Lightning! If you’re looking for quick and easy Valentine’s ideas, check out all the other Craft Lightning projects at The Country Chic Cottage or 30 Minute Crafts! Every single DIY project is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and takes less than 15 minutes to make!
Need some more Valentine’s Day ideas? Check these out!
- Valentine’s Day Hershey’s Kisses Mice
- DIY Paper Heart Garland
- Valentine’s Day Cocktails: Cupid’s Broken Arrow
- DIY Valentine’s Day Swizzle Sticks
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Is A Cricut Worth The Price: How To Decide For Yourself - December 11, 2019
- Keep Kids Clothes Organized With These Cute Dresser Drawer Labels [Free Printable + SVG] - December 6, 2019
- Personalized Gifts With Cricut: 25 Cricut Ideas To Make Sure You Win Christmas This Year! - November 27, 2019
- Personalized Grandparent Pillows With A Cricut Maker - November 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons I Love My Cricut Maker - October 23, 2019