This post was last updated on
I’ve been travelling a lot this year, and I never have a good solution for my toiletries. I have a medium-sized bag, but it’s just one large bag so everything gets jumbled around in there when I travel. I decided I needed something a little more organized with more pockets for individual things, so I turned a washcloth into a toiletry travel kit! It’s the perfect place to store your toiletries while you travel, it rolls up so it doesn’t take up too much room in your suitcase, and it’s easy to make!
Turn A Washcloth Into A Travel Kit
Here’s what you need to make your own washcloth travel kit: (affiliate links below to the products I use and recommend)
- 12″-18″ of washable ribbon
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- optional: iron-on hem tape or fabric glue
If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can sew this by hand with a needle and thread. Or you can make a no-sew version with iron-on hem tape or fabric glue. Either one will work great to turn a washcloth into a travel kit without sewing a stitch!
Start by folding the bottom of the washcloth up so that it’s about an inch or two below the top of the washcloth. Sew up both outside edges of the washcloth to make a large “pouch”. Then sew a few straight lines up the middle of the pouch to create smaller “pockets”. (If you’re making a no-sew version, just use fabric glue or hem tape in the same spots.)
Flip the washcloth over and attach the middle of the ribbon to one edge of the washcloth, about halfway up.
And you’re done! Flip the washcloth back over and fill the pockets with your toiletries!
When you’re ready to travel, roll the washcloth up and tie the ribbon around the middle to hold it closed, and you’re good to go!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Which Is The Best Cricut Machine In 2019: All 4 Cricut Models Compared - April 26, 2019
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019
- Great Wolf Lodge Is Not For The Faint Of Heart (But It’s Worth It!) - March 15, 2019
- Deep Clean Your Bathroom With These 10 Simple Hacks! - March 4, 2019
- Tired As A Mother SVG Cut File - February 26, 2019