This post was last updated on
AJ has been exceptionally “busy” lately; it seems like she’s in full-on toddler mode, just running around and playing with anything and everything she can get her hands on! The other day I found her standing in a mess of tissues, holding a completely empty box. She looked at me as if to say “It was the dog, Mommy. Not me!” but I know better. So when I used the last diaper wipe and was left with an empty container, I realized I could put that destructive energy to good use. I stuffed fabric scraps into the empty wipes container, and BAM, instant toddler activity!
Turn An Empty Wipes Container Into A Fun Toddler Activity
- Time to set up: 5 minutes
- Time it kept the toddler busy: 30 minutes
AJ loved pulling the fabric scraps out of the wipes container!
I always save fabric scraps, but I don’t usually find a good use for them, so I’m thrilled with this toy! And besides having fun pulling all the scraps out of the container, AJ loves to just sit in a pile of fabric scraps and play with them.
I made sure to put a variety of textures and colors in the container to keep it interesting.
I thought that she’d be done once she had pulled them all out, but when JM opened the container to put the fabric scraps back, she was super interested in “helping”.
She’s definitely at the age where she loves to put things in containers, so this toy does double duty!
Not only do you get to reuse an empty wipes container and a bunch of fabric scraps, but they will keep your toddler happy, entertained, and out of your hair for a while. That’s a win in my book!
Want to share this with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Use Heat Transfer Vinyl With A Cricut Machine: A Step By Step Guide - August 23, 2019
- Cousin Crew SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 19, 2019
- How To Spray Paint Patio Furniture - August 12, 2019
- How To Hand-Wash Bras, The Right Way! - August 5, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Pens & Markers - July 29, 2019