This post was last updated on
Father’s Day is just around the corner! If you need a super cute last minute Father’s Day gift idea, check out this “I Love Daddy” photo collage idea. AJ is a little too young to actually help make a Father’s Day gift this year, but I wanted to make sure she was included. If you have little kids, this cute photo collage is a great way to give Dad a present “from” the baby!
JM has been asking for some nice photos to put on his desk at work; AJ is so cute and he likes to brag! 🙂
“I Love Daddy” Father’s Day Gift Idea
- 30 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 1 hour (time spent waiting around)
- 1 and a half hours (total project time)
- camera (I used my Canon Rebel T3i which is now discontinued, but there is a newer model in the same series)
- photo editing software (I use Lightroom, but most photo printing places have basic editing software you can use if you don’t have your own software)
- photo printer, or a photo printing place like CVS or Walgreens
Cardboard is perfect for this project because it’s always easy to find a cardboard box, plus it’s nice and sturdy so the baby won’t destroy the sign before you get a good picture! I cut one of the end flaps off of a cardboard box using a utility knife. Then I wrote out “i [heart] daddy” on the cardboard using crayons.
I put AJ in some cute clothes and set her down on the rug in the nursery. I opened up the window to get some good natural light, then I grabbed the camera, handed her the sign, and took a ton of pictures! At this age she naturally wants to explore anything you give her, so it was really easy to get some good shots.
Pretty much everything goes right into her mouth, and this ended up being my favorite shot of the day. I love that she was looking right at the camera!
Once you’ve taken enough pictures, edit them to make sure they’re nice and bright, then get them printed! I just had these printed at Walgreens using their 1 hour photo service.
Stick the photos into your collage frame, and you’re done!
Shop this project:
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- DIY No Sew Baby Flower Headbands - June 5, 2019
- Quick & Easy Campfire Meals - May 27, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Weeds Naturally - May 22, 2019
- Which Cricut Should I Buy? All 4 Cricut Models Compared - April 26, 2019
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019