We’re getting close to the final stretch before this baby is born, and I feel totally unprepared! We still haven’t set up a nursery for her (truthfully, I’m still using the room as my craft room until this garage remodel project is finished and I can move my crafting stuff into that new space), but I’m slowly making headway on the important things, like bottles, a bassinet, and clothing. I made one more super cute onesie this weekend to add to her stash, because what sort of Harry Potter nerd would I be if my baby didn’t have a Harry Potter Onesie?!
If you’ve never done this before, I have a super detailed tutorial here on how to use heat transfer vinyl, so I suggest you read up on that before getting started. But don’t worry, it’s really easy to use and once you get the hang of it there are tons of things you can make using heat transfer vinyl! Check out my heat transfer vinyl gallery page for inspiration if you want more ideas!
If you’d rather have me make you one of these snazzy onesies, I sell them in my shop!
If you like this onesie, check out some of the other adorable baby onesie tutorials on this site!
- Hello I’m New Here Baby Onesie With The Cricut EasyPress 2
- Acute Baby Onesie
- Patriotic 4th of July Onesies
- Cutest Pumpkin In The Patch Onesies
“I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good” Harry Potter Onesie
Here’s what you need for this project:
- plain white baby onesies
- heat transfer vinyl
- a fun Harry Potter graphic (Google “Harry Potter onesie graphics” and see what comes up, I’m sure you’ll find something you love!)
- Cricut Explore Air (or you can use a Silhouette Cameo or Portrait, or scissors or an X-Acto knife if you have steady hands)
- iron and ironing board
- a clean hand towel
Start by designing your onesie in your design software. Once you have the design looking the way you want it, remember to mirror the image and then send it to your cutting machine.
Weed away any extra heat transfer material, leaving only the pieces you want to show on your finished onesie.
Flip the design over so that the plastic backing is on top and the words read correctly from left to right, and position it on your onesie.
Place the clean hand towel over the design and press down with a hot iron for 30-45 seconds. Remove the iron and carefully peel away the plastic backing, and you’re done!
You have a super cute “I Solemnly Swear” Harry Potter onesie!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019
- Great Wolf Lodge Is Not For The Faint Of Heart (But It’s Worth It!) - March 15, 2019
- Deep Clean Your Bathroom With These 10 Simple Hacks! - March 4, 2019
- Tired As A Mother SVG Cut File - February 26, 2019
- Simple DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shirt - February 20, 2019