This post was last updated on
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you mothers out there! I hope your day is wonderful and relaxing.
I’m not a mother (yet!) but I’ve had fun working on a Mother’s Day present for my mom. The only problem is that she reads this blog so I haven’t been able to share the crafts with you! But today is Mother’s Day and she has her present now, so I can do a big “reveal” of the fun crafting I’ve been doing this past week.
I know my mom used to love getting my “artwork” as a present for Mother’s Day, but I was never really a great artist, and I’m a little too old for that now! So instead I decided to make a little home spa kit to help her relax. But if you have young kids who are great artists, you can turn children’s art into tea towels as a Mother’s Day present!
This year I figured the spa kit would be perfect for my mom. I combined a bunch of fun little crafts and ideas that I found around the internet. Today I just want to share the kit as a whole, but each of the crafts deserves its own post so that I can share the full tutorial. So throughout the rest of this week I’ll share the individual pieces of the kit as well and link them up here as well.
The kit contains:
- Lavender Octopus Bath Fizzies: Bath fizzies are always fun, and these contain epsom salts and lavender essential oil to make for a nice relaxing soak. And, they’re shaped like octopuses!
- Pop Tab Tin Of Candies: This little pop tab tin contains Hot Tamales (her favorite candy) but you can fill them with anything you’d like.
- Green Tea Bags: Besides making delicious tea, these green tea bags can help in treating puffy eyes and dark circles under the eyes.
- Lemon Sugar Body Scrub: This sugar scrub makes skin soft and smells great in the process! It’s perfect for gardener’s hands, anyone with rough feet, or just as a great skin scrub in general.
- Scented Candle: The candle can be lit while taking a long relaxing bath. It smells like clean laundry…Heaven!
- Love: Obviously the most important part of any Mother’s Day gift is love! No matter what you do for Mother’s Day, as long as you do it with love your mother will be thrilled. 🙂
My mom lives in CA so I wrapped everything up in fun tissue paper so I could mail it without damaging anything. I also included a little card explaining the gift so that she has instructions without having to wait for this whole week of posts.
Did you do anything fun with your mother for Mother’s Day this year? Or, if you’re a mom, did your kids do anything fun with you?
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- DIY No Sew Baby Flower Headbands - June 5, 2019
- Quick & Easy Campfire Meals - May 27, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Weeds Naturally - May 22, 2019
- Which Cricut Should I Buy? All 4 Cricut Models Compared - April 26, 2019
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019