Now that the school year has started up again, it’s time to get organized! No one wants to be searching for school supplies when the kids are supposed to be doing homework, right?! Here’s a super simple way to organize school supplies; all you need are a few jars and some washi tape!
Mason jars are perfect for corralling some of the clutter and organizing different supplies. And they’re also portable, so you can set them out on a desk while the kids are working and easily put them away later!
I made these labels out of washi sheets and cut them with my CAMEO. Washi sheet labels are a great way to organize school supplies (or anything!) and make it pretty at the same time!
Organize School Supplies With Mason Jars And Washi Tape
Here’s what I used for this project: (affiliate links below)
- mason jars
- washi sheets
- my Silhouette CAMEO (in a pinch, you can use scissors or an Xacto knife)
- transfer paper or washi tape
The first thing I did was open up my Silhouette Studio software and create a few labels. I just wanted words made out of washi material, so I typed the words in and loaded a washi sheet onto my cutting mat. But you can get fancy and make actual label shapes if you want! I think the silver or gold printable foil would be perfect for labels!
Set your material to washi sheets (or whichever material you decided to use) and adjust your blade depth accordingly.
Load your cutting mat and material into your machine and click Send To Silhouette to send your label design to the machine!
Once your machine is done cutting, peel the washi material off the mat and carefully cut out around the labels.
Peel up all of the extra washi material so that just your label is left. And if your label is just text, like mine, you probably want some transfer paper to help move the design to the jar (you can use a strip of washi tape in a pinch). If you use washi tape, stick it to your shirt and remove it a few times to help make it less sticky; you don’t want the tape to stick to the letters so firmly that you can’t remove the tape once you’ve placed your design!
Stick your washi tape or transfer paper onto your label, then gently peel the entire label and tape off the backing paper.
Place your label on your jar and press down over the letters to really get it to stick.
Then gently peel away the washi tape or transfer paper, and you’re left with a cute little label on your jar!
Make as many jars as you want, and get those school supplies organized!!!
Want to share this project with your friends? Share to Facebook, Pinterest, or send the article by email—just click on any of the share buttons floating on the left, or find them at the top and bottom of this post.
DIY Washi Tape Labels To Organize School Supplies
- mason jars
- 1 sheet washi paper
- 1 piece transfer paper (or washi tape)
- Design your labels in your cutting machine software—you can use plain words or make fancy shapes.
- Using your Cricut or Silhouette, cut out your design on a piece of washi paper.
- Weed away any extra washi paper and cut out each label individually.
- Place transfer paper or a strip of washi tape on top of the weeded label and press firmly. Peel the label and transfer paper away from the backing paper and position it on the mason jar.
- Press the label down firmly onto the jar, making sure the entire label (or the entirety of each letter) is firmly attached. Carefully peel away the transfer paper, and you're done!
Save your favorite projects!
Create a free account to easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and recipes.Create Account