This post was last updated on
Remember those wedding invitation ornaments I posted about a while back? Well I took the same idea and gave it a little Christmas-y twist this past weekend! I love how this paper curl ornament turned out!
I’m participating in the Ornament Exchange hosted by One Artsy Mama, and this is the ornament I made for my exchange partner.
I used the same process I used for the wedding invitation ornaments, but instead of a wedding invitation, I cut up a piece of fun Christmas card stock and made paper curls out of that.
I also etched an “S” onto the glass ornament to personalize it a bit. 🙂 I tied a piece of gold elastic cord through the loop for hanging on a tree, and I was done!
Can you see the S? It’s pretty faint, but it’s there!
Filling a glass ornament with paper curls is such a quick, simple, and pretty way to make an ornament. Plus you can personalize it however you want!
Have you ever made a handmade Christmas ornament? We used to make salt dough ornaments when we were kids, but I like this idea. It’s a little more grown-up. 🙂
Want even more Christmas ornament tutorials?!
If you love Christmas and crafting, then my book 12 Easy Handmade Christmas Ornaments is the book for you! It’s a collection of 12 easy-to-follow tutorials for handmade Christmas ornaments that are the perfect addition to any Christmas tree! No experience necessary; just follow the simple step-by-step directions, and check out the photos along with each step if you need additional guidance!
Grab a copy today and get ready to craft this holiday season!
If you’re looking for a few other Christmas crafts, check out these tutorials!
- DIY Snow Globe Christmas Ornament
- DIY Printed Fabric Gift Tags
- Tin Can Snowman
- DIY Christmas Pet Collars
- How To Display Holiday Cards
- Paper Envelope Advent Calendar
I link up at these awesome parties!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Make A Birthday Coupon Book With A Cricut Maker - September 18, 2019
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019
- Mermazing SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 26, 2019