The other day I saw a delicious-looking recipe for pink lemonade cookies at Cherished Bliss, and I knew I just HAD to try them!
Her recipe looked easy enough; it’s basically cake mix, an egg, and some Cool Whip. So I made a batch and OMG they were fabulous!
And they’re super pretty too! 🙂
Go check out Ashley’s post to get the original recipe. I followed her instructions pretty much exactly and my cookies turned out great!
Just a few things I want to note:
- I used about 2t of lemon juice, but JM says the cookies could have used more juice. It could probably go up to 1 or 2 tablespoons and still be fine.
- I lined my pans with tin foil because I didn’t have any parchment paper, but I always line my pans with something (things that are oven-safe include parchment paper, tin foil, Sil-pat or other silicone mats…DO NOT use wax paper!) Lining the pans gives the cookies the nice rounded edges you see in the photo above, and makes clean up a breeze! In the past when I haven’t lined my pans, the cookies are still fine, they just flatten out a bit more and get crispy edges.
- Also, Ashley mentions this, but you need to keep your hands covered in powdered sugar so the dough doesn’t stick to you!
- I ended up baking mine for ten minutes, and I had enough dough to fill two cookie sheets. So after five minutes I switched the sheets, top and bottom in the oven so they were evenly cooked.
And they turned out super delicious! I am definitely going to be making these again, and soon!
What are your favorite desserts? We have a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe in our family that’s pretty amazing!
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Make A Snow Globe - November 24, 2017
- Simple DIY Christmas Lantern Decoration - November 20, 2017
- Updating The Foundation Wall: Part 1 - November 17, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #199 & Oriental Trading Giveaway - November 16, 2017
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Holiday Scents Kit From Grove Collaborative! - November 14, 2017