This post was last updated on
Looking for a quick and easy DIY St. Patrick’s Day decoration? This cute burlap shamrock bunting fits the bill perfectly! It only requires a few supplies and a few minutes to put together, and you have an adorable handmade St. Patrick’s Day decoration!
How To Make A St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Bunting
Here’s what you need:
- green and gold paper
- twine, yarn, or string
- hot glue (or spray adhesive or a glue stick)
This bunting is super easy to make! Start by cutting shamrocks out of your gold and green paper. Then cut out squares of burlap; they should be an inch or two bigger than the shamrocks on all sides.
Glue each shamrock onto a square of burlap. I used spray adhesive to make sure all corners and edges were attached well, but a glue stick or a few dots of hot glue will work too!
Once the glue is dry, it’s time to attach each burlap square to the twine to make a garland. Turn one burlap square face down, lay the twine across the top of it, run a thin line of hot glue just below the twine, and then fold the burlap over on itself, encasing the twine.
Repeat to attach each burlap square to the twine, and then you’re done!
Hang the bunting on your mantel and enjoy!
How do you decorate for St. Patrick’s Day? If you need a few other creative St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out these great projects from some of my blogger friends!
St. Patrick’s Day Paper Straw Gift – Dolen Diaries
St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels – Here Comes the Sun
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shirt – 733 Blog
How To Make A St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Bunting – Practically Functional
St. Patrick’s Day Candy Treat Bags – Happiness is Homemade
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Make A Birthday Coupon Book With A Cricut Maker - September 18, 2019
- 21 Super Simple Home Office Organization Ideas - September 9, 2019
- How To Make Personalized Stuffed Dolls With The Cricut EasyPress Mini - September 6, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets - August 30, 2019
- Mermazing SVG Cut File – Cricut and Silhouette - August 26, 2019