This post was last updated on
I love fall colors; when the leaves change here in Chicago it’s just gorgeous! So I thought I’d try to bring a bit of that beautiful natural look indoors this fall season. JM and I were on a walk one night when we saw that a neighbor had cut back their tree and left some logs on their park strip. So I grabbed one and turned it into this natural tea light candle centerpiece in less than 10 minutes!
Seriously, this project is so quick and easy, and it looks super elegant when the candles are lit! It’s the perfect centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner. (Or it would be really easy to make a lot of these and use them as wedding centerpieces!)
Natural Tea Light Candle Centerpiece
Here’s what you need:
- a small log, at least 2 1/2″ in diameter (length doesn’t matter; it can be as long or short as you want!)
- tea light candles
- cordless drill
- forstener bit, the same width or slightly wider than the diameter of your tea light candles
Rotate your tree branch around until it rests on the ground in a stable way. You don’t want the branch to roll over once it’s on your table with the candles lit!
Once your branch is stable, drill holes into the top of the log, wherever you would like your candles to go.
Once the hole is deep enough that the top of the candle sits perfectly flush with the log’s surface, you’re done! Be sure not to drill any deeper or it could get dangerous when you light the candles!
Drill enough holes for all of your candles, and your centerpiece is ready!
Bring the log inside, put tea light candles in the holes, light the candles, and you have a gorgeous natural tea light candle centerpiece!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this project, check out these other simple fall projects!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Weld In Cricut Design Space - January 20, 2020
- How To Slice In Cricut Design Space - January 13, 2020
- How To Organize Your Kitchen Drawers: 20 Ideas To Tame The Clutter - December 16, 2019
- Is A Cricut Worth The Price: How To Decide For Yourself - December 11, 2019
- Keep Kids Clothes Organized With These Cute Dresser Drawer Labels [Free Printable + SVG] - December 6, 2019