I love Thanksgiving because it means an entire day of hanging out with family and friends and eating good food! This year, why not add a little crafting to the mix as well?! These adorable little turkeys are quick and easy to make, and they’re such a cute way to express what you’re thankful for! Plus, these paper turkeys can double as place cards if you’re having a bunch of people over!
If you’re looking for Thanksgiving crafts for kids, these paper turkeys are perfect! And I’ve provided a free printable template below so you can easily make your own!
Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids: Thankful Paper Turkeys
Here’s what you need to make your own paper turkeys: (affiliate links below to the products I use and recommend)
- cardstock paper (brown for the turkey’s body, and yellow, orange, and red for the tail feathers)
- small brads (you can find these in the scrapbooking section of most craft stores)
- hole punch
- Silhouette Cameo (or scissors or an X-acto knife)
- printable template (available below)
Start by cutting out the turkey shapes from your cardstock. You can download the templates below:
Using a small hole punch, punch holes in each feather and the back of the turkey. If you don’t have a hole punch, you can poke holes with a sharp pencil.
Stack the tail feathers behind the turkey body, lining up the holes. Push a small brad through the holes and open the brad at the back to secure. Fan out the tail feathers, and you have a cute paper turkey!
Set them on the table along with a pen or pencil so you and your family and friends can write down what you’re thankful for this year!
If you want, these turkeys can double as Thanksgiving place cards! I made my own leaf-shaped Thanksgiving place cards this year, but if you don’t have place cards, just write each person’s name on the body of the turkey and set it on their place setting, along with a pen!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019
- Great Wolf Lodge Is Not For The Faint Of Heart (But It’s Worth It!) - March 15, 2019
- Deep Clean Your Bathroom With These 10 Simple Hacks! - March 4, 2019
- Tired As A Mother SVG Cut File - February 26, 2019
- Simple DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shirt - February 20, 2019