Looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day craft idea? These Hershey’s Kisses mice are perfect; not only are they adorable and incredibly easy to make, but you can give them as valentines and they’re delicious! They only take about five minutes to put together, and all you need is a bag of Hershey’s Kisses, paper, string, googly eyes, and non-toxic glue!
Hershey’s Kisses Mice For Valentine’s Day
- 5 minutes (time spent doing stuff)
- 2 minutes (time spent waiting around)
- 7 minutes (total project time)
- Hershey’s Kisses (the Valentine’s Day bag comes with Kisses wrapped in pink, silver, and red foil)
- pink and brown paper
- baker’s twine
- small googly eyes
Start by grabbing two Hershey’s Kisses and cutting off the paper flag that sticks out of the top of the candy.
Cut two teardrop shapes out of the brown paper you are using for the outside of the ears. The round parts will be the ears, and the pointy parts will be glued onto the Kiss to keep the ears in place. Cut two more slightly smaller teardrop shapes out of the pink paper for the inside of the ears. Glue the pink paper onto the brown paper so that a bit of the brown shows all around the pink.
Glue both ears onto the flat part of a Kiss. Then glue a second Kiss onto the back of the first kiss. Now you have a mouse body with ears!
Cut a piece of twine about 2″ long and tie a small knot near one end. Glue the other end of the twine onto the point of the Kiss at the back of the mouse.
Then glue two small googly eyes onto the Kiss at the front of the mouse, and you’re done!
Aren’t they cute?!
As long as you use non-toxic glue to put these together, they’re still totally safe to eat! (Just don’t eat the ears, tail, or eyes!)
Shop this project:
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Make A Jellyfish Windsock! - August 13, 2018
- Get Ready For Back To School With FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Cleaning Products From Grove Collaborative! - August 9, 2018
- Designing A Nursery With My Favorite Room Design Tool - August 6, 2018
- How To Make 3D Paper Stars With The Cricut Scoring Wheel - August 1, 2018
- How To Make A Pop Up Box Card With The Cricut Scoring Wheel - July 25, 2018