This post was last updated on
Celebrate this milestone with an adorable Baby’s 1st Christmas Keepsake Ornament! It is super easy to make and will commemorate the memory for years to come!
Christmas this year is extra special for our family because it’s our first Christmas as a family of four! We are looking forward to celebrating with the baby, and her big sister can’t wait either. It makes me remember back in 2015 when we celebrated AJ’s first Christmas, and this adorable “Baby’s 1st Christmas” keepsake ornament I made to commemorate the occasion. (And don’t worry, I kept EJ’s hat and hospital bracelet so I can make one for her too!)
One of my favorite things about Christmas is decorating our Christmas tree. We don’t usually go with a “theme” every year; instead we just accumulate ornaments throughout the years, so we end up with an eclectic mix of colors and style. Every ornament has a memory associated with it (we bought an ornament when we went to Disney World a few years ago, we bought ornaments the first year we moved to Chicago, and so on) so it’s always fun to open up the boxes of ornaments and remember the good times as we decorate the tree!
Baby’s 1st Christmas Keepsake Ornament
- Time spent doing stuff: 5 minutes
- Time spent waiting around: 0 minutes
- Total project time: 5 minutes
- a clear round Christmas ornament
- ribbon for hanging
- keepsakes, like a baby hat and hospital bracelet
All you need to do is pull out the metal top of the ornament, put your keepsakes inside, and replace the metal top. Tie a ribbon through the metal ring at the top of the ornament to hang it, and you’re done!
Hang it on your Christmas tree, and enjoy the memories for years to come!
If you like this project, check out this other keepsake ornament I made from our wedding invitations and this cute baby’s 1st Christmas onesie!
Want to share this project with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Flatten In Cricut Design Space - February 3, 2020
- How To Attach In Cricut Design Space - January 27, 2020
- How To Weld In Cricut Design Space - January 20, 2020
- How To Slice In Cricut Design Space - January 13, 2020
- How To Organize Your Kitchen Drawers: 20 Ideas To Tame The Clutter - December 16, 2019