This post was last updated on
I know that there’s always a big to-do when pumpkin spice comes back in season at Starbucks, but I actually prefer their winter and Christmas drinks; peppermint is delicious! I really love the Starbucks peppermint white hot chocolate, or if I need the caffeine kick, the peppermint white chocolate mocha. But it gets expensive buying a cup of coffee every day, so this year I figured out how to make one at home myself! Today I’m going to share the absolute best copycat Starbucks peppermint white hot chocolate recipe with you! (And if you prefer peppermint white chocolate mochas, all you have to do is add a shot of espresso!)
This recipe is part of the Handmade Holidays blog hop; there are more than 15 bloggers sharing awesome holiday recipes today! At the bottom of this post you’ll find links to all of the holiday recipes, and an awesome giveaway for a $50 Michael’s gift card!
Copycat Starbucks Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
The recipe below makes 2 servings, unless your mugs are really, really big; then it might be more like 1.5 servings.
- 2 C milk
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- whipped cream
- candy canes (1 for the recipe itself, 2 for garnishes on the finished drinks, and some to crush and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream)
NOTE: If you wish to make a peppermint white chocolate mocha, add 1-2 oz of espresso to each mug just before pouring in the white hot chocolate. Or if you don’t have espresso, you can add 3-4 oz of brewed coffee to the mug before adding the hot chocolate.
Add the milk, chocolate chips, and one candy cane to a small saucepan. Turn the heat on to medium-high and cook until the milk heats up and the candy cane and chocolate chips melt. Stir often and make sure the milk doesn’t boil!
Once everything is melted and the milk is hot, remove the hot chocolate from the heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
Pour the hot chocolate into mugs. Top with whipped cream and a few crushed peppermint pieces, and garnish each drink with a candy cane, and you’re done!
Enjoy them right away before the whipped cream melts!
A huge thanks goes out to our awesome sponsors who helped make this year’s Handmade Holidays blog hop such a success! We are giving away a $50 Michael’s gift card, courtesy of Walnut Hollow, HomeRight, and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. Enter for your chance to win using the widget below, and good luck!
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Is A Cricut Worth The Price: How To Decide For Yourself - December 11, 2019
- Keep Kids Clothes Organized With These Cute Dresser Drawer Labels [Free Printable + SVG] - December 6, 2019
- Personalized Gifts With Cricut: 25 Cricut Ideas To Make Sure You Win Christmas This Year! - November 27, 2019
- Personalized Grandparent Pillows With A Cricut Maker - November 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons I Love My Cricut Maker - October 23, 2019