While my homemade Starbucks caramel apple spice copycat is my favorite fall drink, when it comes to winter drinks, my favorite by far is wassail! This citrusy, tangy cider is PERFECT for warming you up on a cold winter day! So today I’m sharing a super simple homemade wassail recipe you can make in your slow cooker!
If you’re looking for another amazingly delicious warm drink, and you’re a huge Harry Potter fan, check out my butterbeer latte recipe! It’s definitely a family favorite!
Homemade Wassail Recipe In The Slow Cooker
- 12 cloves
- 5 allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 white peppercorns
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/3 C powdered tang mix
- 4 C water
- a splash of brandy (optional)
Add the cider, tang mix, and water into your slow cooker and stir until the tang mix is completely dissolved.
Tie up all the spices in a bit of cheesecloth (or a coffee filter, or tea bag, or tea ball) and drop them into the slow cooker.
Turn it on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
After it’s done, ladle out a cup, add a splash of brandy (optional, it’s delicious with or without alcohol) and enjoy!
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Make A Jellyfish Windsock! - August 13, 2018
- Get Ready For Back To School With FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Cleaning Products From Grove Collaborative! - August 9, 2018
- Designing A Nursery With My Favorite Room Design Tool - August 6, 2018
- How To Make 3D Paper Stars With The Cricut Scoring Wheel - August 1, 2018
- How To Make A Pop Up Box Card With The Cricut Scoring Wheel - July 25, 2018