Need a last minute Mother’s Day gift idea? This handmade Mother’s Day Card is an easy gift that is perfect for a spa day gift card!
Ever since I became a mother I’ve started to truly understand what my mom went through all these years… Turns out, she’s a rockstar! In fact, all mothers are awesome! So what better way to show how much we love them and care about them than with a handmade Mother’s Day card?!
These cards are super simple to make, and you can completely customize them with fun colors or patterns on the papers you choose!
Handmade Mother’s Day Card
- Time spent doing stuff: 5 minutes
- Time spent waiting around: 2 minutes
- Total project time: 7 minutes
- cardstock or kraft paper for the base card
- colored or patterned paper for the see-through background
- transfer paper (or you can use washi tape)
- Happy Mother’s Day design file (free SVG download below!)
Start by creating the base of the card itself. This card is 5″ x 4″, so cut a rectangle out of kraft paper that is 5″ x 8″ (twice as long as the finished card so you can fold it in half).
If you want to use the design I used, you can download the free SVG file from my shop.
Once the design is uploaded into a new project, change the image to whatever size you want and click the green “Make It” button in the top right corner.
Follow the on-screen instructions to prepare the mats and then send them to the Cricut for cutting.
Weed away the cut out shapes and letters, but make sure to leave the center pieces for the flowers and letters like “a” and “o”.
Apply a piece of transfer tape or washi tape over the project (making sure to cover the flower and letter center pieces that aren’t connected to anything else) and gently peel the card off of the cutting mat.
Cut your patterned paper to size to fit inside the folded card. Then, using a glue stick, glue the paper (patterned side face down) over the cut out portion of the kraft paper card so that the pattern will show through the cutouts.
The glue will dry after a few minutes. Then, gently peel the transfer tape off the project, and you’re done!
Your mom will love this homemade Mother’s Day card!
Shop this project:
Want to share this project with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Super Easy DIY Wooden Firecrackers For The 4th Of July! - May 21, 2018
- What Kinds Of Crafts & DIY Projects Can I Make With My Cricut Machine? - May 14, 2018
- Get Ready For Summer With FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Cleaning Products From Grove Collaborative! - May 8, 2018
- 26 Simple DIY Pet Projects Anyone Can Do! - May 7, 2018
- 11 DIY Patriotic Project Ideas! - May 2, 2018