While my homemade Starbucks caramel apple spice copycat is my favorite fall drink, when it comes to winter drinks, my favorite by far is wassail! This citrusy, tangy cider is PERFECT for warming you up on a cold winter day! So today I’m sharing a super simple homemade wassail recipe you can make in your slow cooker!
Homemade Wassail In The Slow Cooker
- 12 cloves
- 5 allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 white peppercorns
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/3 C powdered tang mix
- 4 C water
- a splash of brandy (optional)
Add the cider, tang mix, and water into your slow cooker and stir until the tang mix is completely dissolved.
Tie up all the spices in a bit of cheesecloth (or a coffee filter, or tea bag, or tea ball) and drop them into the slow cooker.
Turn it on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
After it’s done, ladle out a cup, add a splash of brandy (optional, it’s delicious with or without alcohol) and enjoy!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Sparkling Rainbow Sherbet Floats - May 26, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 174 & Photo Gift Giveaway! - May 25, 2017
- The Easiest Way To Paint Furniture – No Sanding Or Priming! - May 24, 2017
- Simple Toy Organization That Really Works! - May 22, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed No. 173 & Photo Gift Giveaway! - May 18, 2017