While my homemade Starbucks caramel apple spice copycat is my favorite fall drink, when it comes to winter drinks, my favorite by far is wassail! This citrusy, tangy cider is PERFECT for warming you up on a cold winter day! So today I’m sharing a super simple homemade wassail recipe you can make in your slow cooker!
Homemade Wassail In The Slow Cooker
- 12 cloves
- 5 allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 white peppercorns
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/3 C powdered tang mix
- 4 C water
- a splash of brandy (optional)
Add the cider, tang mix, and water into your slow cooker and stir until the tang mix is completely dissolved.
Tie up all the spices in a bit of cheesecloth (or a coffee filter, or tea bag, or tea ball) and drop them into the slow cooker.
Turn it on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
After it’s done, ladle out a cup, add a splash of brandy (optional, it’s delicious with or without alcohol) and enjoy!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- DIY Painted Rope Coasters Are Perfect For Summer! - July 21, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #182 & Hand Lettering Giveaway - July 20, 2017
- How Does A Cricut Machine Work? - July 20, 2017
- 18 Non-Alcoholic Drinks For Summer - July 19, 2017
- Learn Hand Lettering + Free Hand Lettered Printable! - July 17, 2017