While my homemade Starbucks caramel apple spice copycat is my favorite fall drink, when it comes to winter drinks, my favorite by far is wassail! This citrusy, tangy cider is PERFECT for warming you up on a cold winter day! So today I’m sharing a super simple homemade wassail recipe you can make in your slow cooker!
Homemade Wassail In The Slow Cooker
- 12 cloves
- 5 allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 white peppercorns
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/3 C powdered tang mix
- 4 C water
- a splash of brandy (optional)
Add the cider, tang mix, and water into your slow cooker and stir until the tang mix is completely dissolved.
Tie up all the spices in a bit of cheesecloth (or a coffee filter, or tea bag, or tea ball) and drop them into the slow cooker.
Turn it on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
After it’s done, ladle out a cup, add a splash of brandy (optional, it’s delicious with or without alcohol) and enjoy!
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- How To Clean The Ring Around The Collar Of Your Dress Shirts - July 22, 2016
- Creativity Unleashed No. 130 – And A Black Dog Salvage Furniture Paint Giveaway! - July 21, 2016
- Cherry Limeade Popsicles Recipe - July 18, 2016
- Refreshing Homemade Limeade Recipe - July 15, 2016
- Creativity Unleashed No. 129 – And A Black Dog Salvage Furniture Paint Giveaway! - July 14, 2016