While my homemade Starbucks caramel apple spice copycat is my favorite fall drink, when it comes to winter drinks, my favorite by far is wassail! This citrusy, tangy cider is PERFECT for warming you up on a cold winter day! So today I’m sharing a super simple homemade wassail recipe you can make in your slow cooker!
Homemade Wassail In The Slow Cooker
- 12 cloves
- 5 allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 white peppercorns
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/3 C powdered tang mix
- 4 C water
- a splash of brandy (optional)
Add the cider, tang mix, and water into your slow cooker and stir until the tang mix is completely dissolved.
Tie up all the spices in a bit of cheesecloth (or a coffee filter, or tea bag, or tea ball) and drop them into the slow cooker.
Turn it on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
After it’s done, ladle out a cup, add a splash of brandy (optional, it’s delicious with or without alcohol) and enjoy!
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Creativity Unleashed No. 135 – And A Hand Lettered Journal Giveaway! - August 25, 2016
- DIY Crib Spring Drying Rack - August 24, 2016
- 3 Fall And Holiday Simmer Pot Recipes - August 19, 2016
- Creativity Unleashed No. 134 – And A Custom T-Shirt Giveaway! - August 18, 2016
- 10 Fall Porch Ideas - August 15, 2016