I originally published this limeade recipe as a guest post over at Today’s Creative Life, but in case you didn’t see it, I’m sharing it here today too!
My husband’s favorite drink is limeade; every time we pass a Sonic we have to stop to get their limeade. But it gets expensive after a while, so I figured I’d try to make it myself. It turns out, homemade limeade is incredible easy to make, and it’s totally delicious! So today I’m sharing my homemade limeade recipe so you can try it! And if you love limeade too, check out these cherry limeade popsicles!
Limeade is the perfect summer beverage; it’s tart, sweet, citrusy, and totally refreshing! And when you make it yourself, you can easily make it more tart or more sweet according to your preferences.
- 1 C lime juice (about 10-12 limes)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water, plus 4-6 C additional, to taste
Start by creating a simple syrup. Add the sugar and 1 C water to a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. The mixture will turn totally clear once the sugar is fully dissolved.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the simple syrup to fully cool. While you wait for it to cool, juice the limes.
Once the syrup is cool, pour it into a pitcher. Add the lime juice and an additional 4-6 C water, depending on how tart you want the limeade.
And that’s it! Give it all a stir and stick it in the refrigerator until it’s cold, or if you want to enjoy it right away, add a few ice cubes to cool it down.
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Products In Limited Edition Spring Scents Are Here! - March 16, 2019
- Great Wolf Lodge Is Not For The Faint Of Heart (But It’s Worth It!) - March 15, 2019
- Deep Clean Your Bathroom With These 10 Simple Hacks! - March 4, 2019
- Tired As A Mother SVG Cut File - February 26, 2019
- Simple DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shirt - February 20, 2019