Turn a toilet paper roll into a bird feeder with this step by step tutorial! All you need is peanut butter, bird seed, and a cardboard tube; great kids craft!
I had so much fun turning a teacup into a bird feeder, and the birds in the area really love having it in our yard, so I decided it was time to make some more bird feeders. This time I decided to do something super simple that everyone has the supplies for already: I turned a toilet paper roll into a bird feeder. These toilet paper roll bird feeders are easy to make, and they’re a great craft for the kids to help with!
Materials for a toilet paper roll bird feeder
Here’s what you need:
- toilet paper rolls (or use paper towel rolls or wrapping paper rolls!)
- peanut butter
- bird seed
- yarn or string
How to make a toilet paper roll bird feeder
Clean off any extra bits of paper from your toilet paper rolls, then cover them in a thin layer of peanut butter.
Pour out some bird seed onto a plate, then gently roll the toilet paper roll over the plate to pick up the bird seed.
Thread a piece of string through the roll and tie it into a loop.
Head outside and hang the toilet paper roll bird feeder from a tree!
If you love having birds in your yard, also check out this adorable teacup bird feeder I made a few weeks ago! It’s super easy to make; all you need is an old teacup and saucer and some glue!
Want to share this project with your friends? Share to Facebook, Pinterest, or send the article by email—just click on any of the share buttons floating on the left, or find them at the top and bottom of this post.
If you liked this project, check out these other simple garden crafts!
- Make a garden apron from a pair of jeans
- Make DIY seed bombs to spread joy and flowers everywhere
- Turn twigs into cute garden markers
How To Make A Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder
- 1 toilet paper roll
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup bird seed
- 2 feet yarn
- Clean off any extra bits of paper from your toilet paper roll so it is clean and ready to go.
- Cover it in a thin layer of peanut butter.
- Pour the bird seed onto a plate, then gently roll the toilet paper roll over the plate to pick up the bird seed.
- Thread a piece of string through the roll and tie it into a loop.
Save your favorite projects!
Create a free account to easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and recipes.Create Account