I had so much fun turning a teacup into a bird feeder, and the birds in the area really love having in our yard! So I decided it was time to make some more bird feeders, and this time I decided to do something super simple that everyone has the supplies for already: I turned a toilet paper roll into a bird feeder! They’re easy to make, and they’re a great craft for the kids to help with!
Here’s what you need:
- toilet paper rolls (or use paper towel rolls or wrapping paper rolls!)
- peanut butter
- bird seed
- yarn or string
Clean off any extra bits of paper from your toilet paper rolls, then cover them in a thin layer of peanut butter.
Pour out some bird seed onto a plate, then gently roll the toilet paper roll over the plate to pick up the bird seed.
Thread a piece of string through the roll and tie it into a loop.
Head outside and hang the feeder from a tree!
If you love having birds in your yard, also check out this adorable teacup bird feeder I made a few weeks ago! It’s super easy to make; all you need is an old teacup and saucer and some glue!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this project, check out these other simple garden crafts!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Simple DIY Christmas Lantern Decoration - November 20, 2017
- Updating The Foundation Wall: Part 1 - November 17, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #199 & Oriental Trading Giveaway - November 16, 2017
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Holiday Scents Kit From Grove Collaborative! - November 14, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #198 & Oriental Trading Giveaway - November 9, 2017