I had so much fun turning a teacup into a bird feeder, and the birds in the area really love having in our yard! So I decided it was time to make some more bird feeders, and this time I decided to do something super simple that everyone has the supplies for already: I turned a toilet paper roll into a bird feeder! They’re easy to make, and they’re a great craft for the kids to help with!
Here’s what you need:
- toilet paper rolls (or use paper towel rolls or wrapping paper rolls!)
- peanut butter
- bird seed
- yarn or string
Clean off any extra bits of paper from your toilet paper rolls, then cover them in a thin layer of peanut butter.
Pour out some bird seed onto a plate, then gently roll the toilet paper roll over the plate to pick up the bird seed.
Thread a piece of string through the roll and tie it into a loop.
Head outside and hang the feeder from a tree!
If you love having birds in your yard, also check out this adorable teacup bird feeder I made a few weeks ago! It’s super easy to make; all you need is an old teacup and saucer and some glue!
Want to share this tutorial with your friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.!
If you liked this project, check out these other simple garden crafts!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Baby’s 1st Christmas Keepsake Ornament - November 5, 2018
- FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Orange Clove, Peppermint, & Pine Holiday Cleaning Products! - November 1, 2018
- How To Make Stove Top Potpourri - October 29, 2018
- 15 Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes Everyone Will Love! - October 22, 2018
- Cricut EasyPress 2: Unboxing & Introduction - October 17, 2018