One of my favorite things about fall is ducking into a Starbucks on a cool day and warming up with a hot caramel apple spice drink. Yum! But did you know you can easily recreate that drink at home in your slow cooker?! Check out this totally simple copycat Starbucks caramel apple spice recipe!
I really love Starbucks (I don’t think anyone else’s chai lattes are anywhere near as good!), but this homemade slow cooker version of their caramel apple spice recipe is a pretty close copy of the Starbucks original, and definitely just as delicious! Plus it’s way less expensive to make yourself. 🙂
This recipe makes about twelve cups of cider, but it can easily be doubled if your slow cooker is big enough! Also, this spiced cider reheats really well, so feel free to make a bunch, put the leftovers in the fridge, and heat up individual mugs of it whenever you want!
Caramel Apple Spice Ingredients
- 12 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/2 cup caramel syrup (the ice cream topping, but not the magic shell kind)
- 5 or 6 cinnamon sticks (or 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon)
- 12 whole cloves (1 teaspoon ground cloves)
NOTE: You can use ground cinnamon and ground cloves in this recipe, but it will leave tiny bits of spice floating around in your drink. If you use whole cinnamon sticks and whole cloves you can pull them out at the end for a sediment-free drink!
How To Make Caramel Apple Spice At Home
The directions are simple: just mix everything up in your slow cooker. Make sure to stir the syrup in well so it doesn’t just sit at the bottom. As you stir, the liquid will become really light-colored and may look a bit cloudy, but it will get darker and clearer as it cooks.
Once everything is mixed together, turn your slow cooker on low. Let it go for at least 4 hours so the spices have time to steep. Once you’re done cooking, carefully remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
Then ladle it out and enjoy your homemade caramel apple spice!
I’m also excited that pumpkin spice lattes are back in season!!! What are your favorite fall drinks?
Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice
- 6 quart slow cooker
- 12 cloves whole
- 4 or 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup caramel syrup (like the ice cream topping)
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- Add the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, and cloves to your slow cooker.
- Add the caramel syrup to the slow cooker, and stir until it is completely dissolved. (The liquid may look cloudy, that's ok, it will clear up when it cooks.)
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 4-5 hours.
Save your favorite projects!
Create a free account to easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and recipes.Create Account